gez7ch

feelin a little bad about this one. dude came here and innocently posted up some pics of himself and his tattoos and the first two replies he gets basically say his tattoos aren't good and he dresses like a dickhead. how would anyone respond to that "welcome"?

Normally I would agree with you, but I didn't get the impression he was here for the right reasons. To be honest I think he wanted the ladies to swoon, and the guys to compliment his "sick ink." When he didn't get that reaction, he was upset.

I think he was a quantity over quality guy who wanted to get tattooed because it's cool, and the chicks will dig him. I might be wrong, but I doubt it.

feelin a little bad about this one. dude came here and innocently posted up some pics of himself and his tattoos and the first two replies he gets basically say his tattoos aren't good and he dresses like a dickhead. how would anyone respond to that "welcome"?

I probably shouldn't assume this, but I betcha mine was one of those replies.

I usually try to be like all warm and welcoming and shit, y'know? But second post old boy puts up is gettting in Graeme's face, and I'm sorry, but that's not going to fly without some flak. If you disrespect someone that I think highly of, then I'm damn sure gon let you know I don't care for you.

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/initiation/3512-newbie.html#post55430

If that makes me a heavy, well, I can live with it.

Normally I would agree with you, but I didn't get the impression he was here for the right reasons. To be honest I think he wanted the ladies to swoon, and the guys to compliment his "sick ink." When he didn't get that reaction, he was upset.

I think he was a quantity over quality guy who wanted to get tattooed because it's cool, and the chicks will dig him. I might be wrong, but I doubt it.

those poses were some straight up lame ass shit in those pictures. he was totally digging for people cool points. as reverend said, this dude coems off as someone into tattoos not because they genuinely appreciate the art and craft, but because it's the cool thing to do.

I take your point and if I was to do it again I just wouldn't have responded because while I think that he started an account for essentially the reasons @reverend1 said directly below your post, it isn't my place to make snap judgements on who does or doesn't belong on this board and it's better to be friendly and welcoming and let things sort themselves out than to be insulting from the start. I will try to be more mindful of that in the future.

That said, I think I could recognise more posters here by seeing their bare asses than their faces because I can't think of anybody here who posts pictures of themselves that aren't focused primarily on their tattoos, and if you signed up for an account without first figuring out what kind of place this is, then I don't know what to say.

Sometimes, I get a bit frustrated with the "Welcome" threads. 95% of the time, these folks never stick around. And honestly, I could tell that our handsome friend with his poor taste in tattoos would have fallen into that percentage. I wish everyone who joined up contributed past 10-15 posts and became part of this community. I enjoy my interactions with all of you here, and it's so exciting seeing you guys get awesome tattoos on the regular. That said... @ian SNEAK PEEK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I probably shouldn't assume this, but I betcha mine was one of those replies.

I usually try to be like all warm and welcoming and shit, y'know? But second post old boy puts up is gettting in Graeme's face, and I'm sorry, but that's not going to fly without some flak. If you disrespect someone that I think highly of, then I'm damn sure gon let you know I don't care for you.

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/initiation/3512-newbie.html#post55430

If that makes me a heavy, well, I can live with it.

I would say that I'd have your back too, but shit, I'd probably just hide behind you.

Thank you. As for the guys saying I posted those shots to get some "cool" points or to get awws from the ladies, sorry to disappoint you, tattoos are not what i'm counting on to be cool. I have been with plenty of girls when I was Inkless and I did not get inked to be more cool. Neither do I prefer quantity over quality in my ink.

I did not post those shots because I was trying to picture myself as a model, neither did I try to model the parking lot. A friend of mine which is a photographer wanted to take some shots of people with ink and the parking lot was the location he chose for the shots. When posting my Initiation thread I didn't have any other photos that catches my ink, so I used those, which weirdly enough got some of you offended... The only purpose of this photos was to share my ink with you.

In response to try and join a community of ink lovers I received a "warm" welcome of "your tattoos suck" so some might understand my pissed off respond.

Bottom line before you go and assume a person's reason for posting something might wanna check it with them first.

Gal.