A tattooer called Paul Cramman has been passing my work off as his.

BAu38o5CAAAenib.jpg:small

A tattooer called Paul Cramman has been passing off my work, among others, off as his. He managed to get a job in Glasgow based on his stolen online portfolio. He has literally cropped my images right down, photoshopped the background off and put his name on them, this was not a thoughtless task. I'm livid, but less so than when I found out last night thanks to a friend in Scotland.

I think it's important to bring this to everyone's attention, no one should be able to pass other people's work off as their own and go unreported. This guy claimed to have been tattooing 14 yrs yet not a single photo was his, he probably has never even held a tattoo machine.

Something similar happened to my boss, the guy who taught me, years ago. He hired some guy over email who sent him an online portfolio filled with good solid tattoo work. He moved countries for the job and we found out within hours what a lie everything had been, he didnt even know how to set up a tattoo machine and was promptly fired.

ALWAYS ALWAYS check up on artists looking for a job at your shop if you are a studio owner, don't just accept some emailed photos as someone's work, do your research, ask around, who last employed them for crying out loud! there are ways to check up on people. And for customers it goes without saying research your tattooer, check their work at the studio, google them, etc.

It's not a nice thought knowing this sort of thing happens and puts customers at risk, and makes a mockery of any hard work tattooers put in.

This guy in question has now been fired.

I'm sorry that someone is ripping off your work. It is absolutely a shame and leaves a sour taste in my mouth. If you can't work hard enough to develope your own skills, why would you work so hard to steal someone elses work. It is immoral, unprofessional, and of questionable standards. Absolute horse shit.

I think we had the same guy email us at old town tattoo in edinburgh. we gave it a pass because there are a few sheets of your flash in the shop and we just thought he was copying your work not stealing it. He will be getting what is coming to him soon no doubt. ill spread this around up here and i hope this grade a douche is out on his arse soon.

Ive had pics stolen out of my Portfolio and reported to have been seen in some piece of shit hacks book the next city over.

I'm sorry this happened to you its super frustrating to say the least.

Its one thing to be out in public and see your custom work flat out plagiarized on a another person, which has also happened in my former home town, but stealing pics and claiming other work as your won deserves old school justice. Bring back Spiderweb's tactics, lol

J.k kinda.