Tattoo Culture Magazine

So the next issue was released today on the App Store... I think. Their Instagram photo says 6/9/13, but today is the 8th.

You can purchase the issue for $3.99, which is confusing because I thought the point of the whole project was for this magazine to be free in order to do kind of what LST is doing...

Will the issue maybe be free tomorrow? $3.99 is NBD, but I liked the whole concept with the last issue and that this series would be accessible to people who may not be 100% committed to the tattoo culture yet, but are curious. Does any one know anything about this? Or have better/more information than me?

So the next issue was released today on the App Store... I think. Their Instagram photo says 6/9/13, but today is the 8th.

You can purchase the issue for $3.99, which is confusing because I thought the point of the whole project was for this magazine to be free in order to do kind of what LST is doing...

Will the issue maybe be free tomorrow? $3.99 is NBD, but I liked the whole concept with the last issue and that this series would be accessible to people who may not be 100% committed to the tattoo culture yet, but are curious. Does any one know anything about this? Or have better/more information than me?

I think it was just the first issue that was free to spark people's interest.Contact | Tattoo Culture Magazine You can always email them if you have a question, they are busy people, but not too busy to talk to someone who wants to subscribe to their magazine.

They sent an email yesterday saying that a free edition will be available in 2-3 weeks, but the $3.99 one will have about double the amount of pages and content and is for "die-hard, true tattoo collectors".

This logic seems flawed considering "die-hard" collectors are also super broke most of the time. I'm assuming based on how poor I've been for the past 6 months saving up. Then again, I'm not sure if Ive made it to "die-hard" status yet... Lol

I'm 100% useless with computers, so I'm sorry if I'm being a bit thick but I downloaded the first issue as a PDF on my MAC. It now looks like it can only be downloaded and viewed with an iPhone (too hard to read) or a Kindle. I think slayer9019 posted a link that enables you to read it through amazon but it started asking me scary questions about disc space etc - knowing my luck I'll crash the computer, so I didn't go any further. Has anyone got any suggestions?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just downloaded them now. I don't know why I hadn't until now because I'd been reading the TAM magazines for a couple months and love the interviews. Nice to get an insight into some of these great artists to understand how hard they work and how much they love what they do. Plus the photos are amazing. Yeah I do wish these were in print, but oh well.