Shops in the Pacific Northwest?

rozone

Forgive me if this has already been discussed at length, but I tried searching for a topic like this and couldn't find any info about it.

I'm moving from the east coast to the west coast in the next few weeks and I'm trying to increase the Rolodex of shops/tattooers to check out in that neck of the woods.

My knowledge of west coast tattooers is pretty limited to California (namely just in SF and Oakland), but I was curious who you all recommend checking out in the Pacific Northwest area while I'm living out there.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

Totally. His work looks so awesome.

I'll definitely need to make the trip down to Seattle at some point to make this happen...

are you gonna be living in Vancouver? i think there was a thread about Vancouver shops that went around.

also, GOVERNMENT STREET TATTOO - VICTORIA BC caught my eye, if you're in that neck of the woods.

and if you're closer to Oregon, ♔ AWR ♔

are you gonna be living in Vancouver? i think there was a thread about Vancouver shops that went around.

also, GOVERNMENT STREET TATTOO - VICTORIA BC caught my eye, if you're in that neck of the woods.

Yup! I'm moving to Vancouver, but I'm already aware of a few of the better shops in the city and I'm curious about branching out of there to see what else is around in surrounding areas (Seattle, Portland, etc.) that I'm sure have a bunch of great talent.

Also, Government Street Tattoo is a GREAT shop! Chris David is a super solid dude and a really great tattooer. Glennie from The Pearl in Toronto guests out there quite a bit too. I highly recommend this place to anyone in the area or anyone debating checking it out.

another great shop in Vancouver at New Town Bakery ... they don't make tattoos, but their steamed buns are the best! my fam drives up from Seattle and buys 'em by the dozen. good luck on your move!

Thanks, dude!

Fingers crossed that they've got some vegan steamed buns. :)

- - - Updated - - -

if you're closer to Oregon, ♔ AWR ♔

OH MAN! I had no idea that Jason Kundell has moved up to Oregon!

Forgive me if this has already been discussed at length, but I tried searching for a topic like this and couldn't find any info about it.

I'm moving from the east coast to the west coast in the next few weeks and I'm trying to increase the Rolodex of shops/tattooers to check out in that neck of the woods.

My knowledge of west coast tattooers is pretty limited to California (namely just in SF and Oakland), but I was curious who you all recommend checking out in the Pacific Northwest area while I'm living out there.

I live in Vancouver. When you get here message me, if you would like to, and maybe we can meet up. I probably average at least one trip a month to Liberty in Seattle. Next weekend I am going down to Olympia to get tattooed by Marco Hernandez. I can also steer you in the direction of some good Vegan restaurants.

- - - Updated - - -

I live in Vancouver. When you get here message me, if you would like to, and maybe we can meet up. I probably average at least one trip a month to Liberty in Seattle. Next weekend I am going down to Olympia to get tattooed by Marco Hernandez. I can also steer you in the direction of some good Vegan restaurants.

- - - Updated - - -

Shit yeah.

I move to Vancouver officially on March 1st.

I'll definitely be in touch!

Scapegoat Tattoo in Portland has some rad artists, and is a vegan shop.

Oh man!

The stuff coming out of Scapegoat looks amazing.

I'm super into the stuff Aaron J. Dubois is putting on people.

I'll definitely have to make it out to this shop.

Thanks, @Mr. Smith

Edited by rozone
to try and make the "mention" work...

I'm not sure I understand what "vegan" means when it comes to a tattoo shop?

Basically that the soaps and such that they use don't contain animal products, that they've confirmed their inks are not made with any animal products, etc. Though I just saw that they recently found out their stencil paper has lanolin in it, so they're trying to find an alternative, and have suspended calling themselves a vegan shop until then.

In the Seattle area there is Aaron Bell's Slave to the Needle. I have seen very impressive stuff coming out of there. Down in Tacoma there is Tim McCarthy's Tsunami Tattoo, I have spent lots of hours there in the chair and have hours more planned. Also in Tacoma there is Scott Schafer's Flaming Dragon Tattoo. I just got back from getting my first from that shop, David Wach did a traditional skull/dagger and I left very happy and will be going back.