Shops in the Pacific Northwest?

rozone

I agree with everyone's suggestions from Portland. I really like all those shops and have got tatttooed in most of them, but a couple shops I think people sleep on are

Imperial Tattoo, Todd J does some clean traditional and I have seen Josiah Laughlin turn out some pretty killer Japanese pieces.

Blacklist Tattoo, Eli and Tim do great stuff and Tron is working there from NYC now

also

Sean Lanusse at Infinity Tattoo

Matt Arriola's tattoos look unreal from the tiny Instagram pictures of them, I would love to get tattooed by him.

Matt is an amazing artist and a genuinely great person. One of the best human beings I've met. That being said, the Liberty crew is all around a great group of people and I reccomend everyone go check out that shop... Though being that I live in Florida, I cannot assume many of the people I make that suggestion to actually follow through...

You moved already?

I'm in the process of moving currently. I flew out to SF to meet up with my girlfriend (got tattooed by Nick Rodin) and we rented a car and are spending two weeks driving up the coast on our way back to Vancouver. We drove by Scapegoat while in Portland so I stopped in to check it out and got tattooed the next day. It's been an amazing road trip so far and a great way to transition into life on the west coast.

Edited by rozone
fixed 2 typos

I'm in the process of moving currently. I flew out to SF to meet up with my girlfriend (got tattooed by Nick Rodin) and we rented a car and are spending two weeks driving up the coast on our way back to Vancouver. We drove by Scapegoat while in Portland so I stopped in to check it out and got tattooed the next day. It's been an amazing road trip so far and a great way to transition into life on the west coast.

Who tattooed you at Scapegoat?

-Just saw the answer. I'm a lame-o...

Edited by Androosh
Boof - just saw the answer.

Although I haven't been in myself (I'm planning on getting some work done in the near future), my friends have spent a fair amount of time at Fortune Tattoo (Portland) with Olivia Britz. I've started following her work and I'm pretty impressed. Might be worth a stop for you.

I have kind of become a fan of her stuff lately as well. I have met her a few times, but never put two and two together who she was till a convention last year I attended. I would get tattooed by her or Ms Mikki any day.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't stress enough if someone who wants a piece of tattoo history seek out Dave Lum for a tattoo, he has threatened to quit for some time now, but still seems to be willing to put on tattoos for now. His stuff is as good as ever and he is forty five min drive outside of Portland.

• 3 months later...

Matt Cowell out of House of Tattoo in Tacoma. He's an awesome guy and his work just keeps getting better and better :). A jack of all trades, he's done great black and grey, bio mechanical, and is doing a dragon 3/4 sleeve on me at the moment.

By the way folks, thanks for all of the great links to shops. It's a lazy Saturday morning in the ambulance and I'm having a nerdgasm whilst anticipating visiting some of them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Planning on visiting Rob » Black & Blue Tattoo in Victoria, BC in the next couple of months. I am a huge fan of Rob Noseworthy's work in particular. Instagram

I also recently visited Woodwork Tattoo Gallery in poulsbo, wa. They were super nice, a great shop , and a good variety of artists. Instagram

Black and Blue is up-island in Nanaimo, I believe. Rob Noseworthy does indeed do great tattoos. A friend of mine has a great tattoo from Bobby Tripp who works there, and I've heard nothing but good things about Bobby as a person as well. Steve Moore also tattoos in or around Nanaimo, I assume at some kind of private studio, and he's amazing.

In a kind of similar style, there's also Dave Knight's shop, Second Street Tattoo in Sidney, BC. Dave tattooed at PSC Tattoo in Montreal for years and moved out west a couple of years ago. He does really great work.

Yeah, Steve is fricking amazing. Getmoretattoos :)

I'm at a cross roads now where I feel the need to seriously consider who I want to do a back piece before I move forward with anything else. There is a short list of people I'm considering.

James Tex, Damien Robertson, Rob Noseworthy, and Curtis Burgess.

There are so many amazing artists out there, and I love pretty much every style. It's just been a challenge to figure

What fits me the best.

There are worse problems to have.

Yeah, Steve is fricking amazing. Getmoretattoos :)

I'm at a cross roads now where I feel the need to seriously consider who I want to do a back piece before I move forward with anything else. There is a short list of people I'm considering.

James Tex, Damien Robertson, Rob Noseworthy, and Curtis Burgess.

There are so many amazing artists out there, and I love pretty much every style. It's just been a challenge to figure

What fits me the best.

There are worse problems to have.

Maybe you should just have two or three different artists work on the back piece.

I certainly would be honored if any of those artists wanted to work together (Rob and James recently did a collaboration). I am curious at how the dynamic would work.

That being said, I will satiate myself by visiting shops, meeting awesome folks, and attempting to widen my horizons.

Planning on visiting Rob » Black & Blue Tattoo in Victoria, BC in the next couple of months. I am a huge fan of Rob Noseworthy's work in particular. Instagram

I also recently visited Woodwork Tattoo Gallery in poulsbo, wa. They were super nice, a great shop , and a good variety of artists. Instagram

Check out government street in Victoria. A few heavy hitters at that shop!