OK I am not asking anyone to design a tattoo before I get flamed.

I have had a great offer from 4 tattoo artists I work with regarding my sleeve.

The plan so far is for the 4 of them to get together with a big old sheet of paper and drawing supplies plus me and my blank arm.

What happens next is kind of competative drawing with each artist doing a piece and biding for space.

I am hoping that by the end of the night or the end of the booze at least we will have a pile of super cool pictures and a stencil for my arm.

Tattooing of the outline is a job for the next day and each artist will then complete there designs over a few months.

Firstly does this sound as good an idea to you guys as it does to me?

Secondly I must have missed an important pitfall somewhere what is it?

Lastly I have a list of must have elements for a hotrod sleve but I would welcome your ideas so I dont forget any classics.

This could go one or two ways, super awesome or terribly wrong. I was at a convention once and watched two tattooers tattoo one guys back for hours and it came out pretty well but those two did it often from what I heard. Alright back to yours, I guess it really comes down to the individual tattooers quality of tattooing as I am thinking of it like just piecing a sleeve together over time but for you it'll be laid out like a "normal" sleeve. I am a fan of hotrods and customs but have not seen anything new in this area of tattooing progressing (remember I'm a collector not tattooer so if there are pls let me know as I would love to see some) tattooing. The classic traditional style, rockabilly is cool. One of the better hotrod themed sleeves I saw was a guy that was in a car club with me some years ago and had black and grey portraits of his favorite hotrods and customs in a manner that they were racing all over his arm, pretty cool.

Just my thoughts and please share tattoo pictures with us when this goes down. Thanks again!

Good point Lochlan. Because of what I do I have been very lucy to work with the best tattoo artists in the county. the plan is to creat the stencil first as one piece so we will have a rally good idea as to layout before we start any inking. I am super confident that I will get a superb sleeve.

I dont really want any new subjects as such. I am really thinking that I would like all the old standards but with a modern twist and in each artists style.

We intend to take loads of pictures and a video.

OK I am not asking anyone to design a tattoo before I get flamed.

I have had a great offer from 4 tattoo artists I work with regarding my sleeve.

The plan so far is for the 4 of them to get together with a big old sheet of paper and drawing supplies plus me and my blank arm.

What happens next is kind of competative drawing with each artist doing a piece and biding for space.

I am hoping that by the end of the night or the end of the booze at least we will have a pile of super cool pictures and a stencil for my arm.

Tattooing of the outline is a job for the next day and each artist will then complete there designs over a few months.

I have no new suggestions for you, but I love this idea. Hopefully it will come out fabulous, and it will certainly be a good story.

• 5 weeks later...