Been seeing this all over instagram -- proceeds going to the F*CK CANCER Org? How's Louise/ATM involved?

Louise is Hanky Pankys wife. She is currently fighting cancer. Hanky Panky is the founder of the Amsterdam Tattoo Museum (Tattican). That's how the entire thing came about. Looks to me like some of the money goes to Louise to support her fight and some goes to the foundation. I could be wrong

Great idea and sounds like a great event. Looks like it was pretty successful to me too. Anything that brings together a bunch of people for a good cause is a success in my book. Its events like that make me jealous of the tattoo community. Such a good strong bond between everyone. I'm a graphic designer, you don't see us coming together to benefit one another's families in need. But in the end, I'm just glad people like this exist.

I went on Sunday night and had a piece done by Aaron Coleman.

Did you get to pick your artist or is it random luck of the draw? That's so awesome you got tattooed by Coleman. So many good tattooers that weekend. I wanted to check it out, but the financials were looking pretty bad.

Did you get to pick your artist or is it random luck of the draw? That's so awesome you got tattooed by Coleman. So many good tattooers that weekend. I wanted to check it out, but the financials were looking pretty bad.

You picked who you wanted. This was my 2nd piece from Coleman. I'm going to head back to Immaculate and get more done. It was a cool event, I live right by HB tattoo and past it a couple of times and it was always busy.

• 2 weeks later...

Supporting cancer is really important for what ever reason. I missed the event but did see a few posts on IG.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 testicular cancer last year in April 2012, with help from the public our race of humans is (phucking cancer) and when i found out I feared the worst but was amazed by the advances in science. Its been a year now and i back on my feet and back with the lads in my UK based shop that I started in 2007, There is always a chance of it coming back and i have to be all clear for 5 years before I can relax. Fingers crossed, all my treatment chemotherapy (which sucked like you would not believe) has totally killed the tumour in my lymph node.

If this was 5 years ago i would have not been here now, and this is due to people like you guys getting up and not just talking about it that has helped millions like me. We in the tattoo industry sit in a privileged position, directly in the public eye and we have such a large network of fellow colleges that getting the word around really works quick and effective. My self and my employes tattooed moustache for free at my shop for the day and we got coverage in the papers and the queue was down the road, it really was the talk of town. Seeing everyone here doing events like this makes me proud to be a tattooer.

My heart goes out to the family and friends of any one involved.

KEEP IT UP FOLKES IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!

louis

Supporting cancer is really important for what ever reason. I missed the event but did see a few posts on IG.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 testicular cancer last year in April 2012, with help from the public our race of humans is (phucking cancer) and when i found out I feared the worst but was amazed by the advances in science. Its been a year now and i back on my feet and back with the lads in my UK based shop that I started in 2007, There is always a chance of it coming back and i have to be all clear for 5 years before I can relax. Fingers crossed, all my treatment chemotherapy (which sucked like you would not believe) has totally killed the tumour in my lymph node.

If this was 5 years ago i would have not been here now, and this is due to people like you guys getting up and not just talking about it that has helped millions like me. We in the tattoo industry sit in a privileged position, directly in the public eye and we have such a large network of fellow colleges that getting the word around really works quick and effective. My self and my employes tattooed moustache for free at my shop for the day and we got coverage in the papers and the queue was down the road, it really was the talk of town. Seeing everyone here doing events like this makes me proud to be a tattooer.

My heart goes out to the family and friends of any one involved.

KEEP IT UP FOLKES IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!

louis

Thank you for sharing your story. Attending the event was important to me as I lost both of my parents to cancer. My father was 60 and my mother was 70, they still had much more time and cancer took that away from them. So on the one year anniversary of losing my Mother I attended the Fck Cancer event. After she passed last year I went to Aaron Coleman to get a "MOM" tattoo so it was fitting to get something from him at the event. Like you said @Louisgoodwin it was a remarkable turn-out of tattooers and people supporting the event. Cheers to all that supported, in unity we have strength!