First timer

William Bergen

Hey Everyone,

My name is Will and I live in Vancouver, BC. I found Last Sparrow because I'm thinking about getting my first tattoo and found the links to the interviews on youtube when I was watching Vice's Tattoo Age. Hope to bounce some ideas around and check out some cool tattoos so I know what I want and where to go so I can get the best tattoo possible.

Cheers

Hey, welcome to the board. There are a couple of threads here about good tattooers in Vancouver (there are some really good ones on the Island too) and in the Pacific Northwest and those are worth paying attention to. And San Francisco is, what, a good day's drive away? There are plenty of people who can give you a really great tattoo and you're off to a good start by watching Tattoo Age and the interviews here.

Hello and welcome @William Bergen

Tattoo Age and LST interviews are the cream of the crop as far as internet available information on tattooing goes, so it seems you struck gold my friend.

@slayer9019 made a great thread a while back that might interest you: http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/tattoo-tv-shows-documentaries-media/2494-tattoo-history-videos-books.html

So, do you have any idea of what you want, and who you want get tattooed by yet?

@Iwar I'm definitely going to go for something traditional, I'm leaning towards an anchor i like the classic sailor jerry flash that's black and red with the 2 stars on either side. I've been going through some issues lately and coming out the other side now happier and healthier, so I like the idea of marking this point in time and "anchoring" myself to it.

I'm a little torn-up about artists, so I think I'm at the stage where I just need to head into shops and look at their flash and portfolios.