I need help with my tattoo!

Caine22

This is my first tattoo and I desperately need ideas on how to improve the look of it. The background is rather dull and not what I wanted. The shading has gone mad and the head part of the dragon is so dark that you barely recognize that its the head of the dragon.

I am asking for your help on how to improve the emphasis of the whole dragon, should I consider adding color on it or should I ask for white ink to fill it up?

The background :( If anyone there who have any idea on what to add to make it interesting rather than a big shade of gray. Thanks a lot guys! I will appreciate

any response!

Thanks for your advise! would you consider having the dragon filled with bright color? cause it really bothers me.

The only valid answer to your questions is that you need to go speak to a tattooer, in person, about what you are not happy about. If someone tells you different...they are probably wrong.

Thanks a lot! It gives me some sort of reassurance. I have another concern, ill post a picture of the shading on the back part of my tattoo.. It doesnt really look well and neatly done for me. I raised this concern to my artist and he said that the skin will stretch and even the colors out. It makes me wonder if hes just trying to cover up his mistake or uf hes telling the truth.

I'm assuming those are wind bars? The peaks seem odd if that's the case. The bigger thing I see is the anatomy of the dragon seems off to me. The arms are disproportionately long Imo, and the tail end of the dragon seems too small. I don't mean to offend or pick apart your tattoo, but it seems like you were looking for an opinion.

I agree with others who say that you have to let it heal. I am NOT a tattooer, but I do have a lot of gray-shaded tattoos, and depending on a number of factors, their healing time varies. Until it's completely healed, you won't really know how it will look. Gray wash heals differently than other colors in that it looks reddish for longer. Agai: not a tattooer, just a guy who's healed a lot of tattoos.

Good luck.

I agree with others who say that you have to let it heal. I am NOT a tattooer, but I do have a lot of gray-shaded tattoos, and depending on a number of factors, their healing time varies. Until it's completely healed, you won't really know how it will look. Gray wash heals differently than other colors in that it looks reddish for longer. Agai: not a tattooer, just a guy who's healed a lot of tattoos.

Good luck.

Agreed, here is how red the grey work looked on me. It took longer than the black for the reddness to subside.

imag0029wz.jpg

I think it is windbars. My tattoo artist said that he will put clouds when we were discussing how the background will be. Should i complain? Cause i will have this fixed but not with the artist who made this.

I now feel ripped off for all the money I paid.

It can definitely be brightened up. The dragon head on my chest was a bit to dark and the artist worked some lighter greens into it and it helped. Go back to the original artist, provided you feel comfortable doing so.

Rob

- - - Updated - - -

It can definitely be brightened up. The dragon head on my chest was a bit to dark and the artist worked some lighter greens into it and it helped. Go back to the original artist, provided you feel comfortable doing so.

Rob