Tattooing armpits and nipples

peterpoose

I was thinking about my chest piece, which lead me onto thinking about connecting my chest piece to my sleeve.

Is it safe to tattoo over nipples? (hate the way a full chest piece looks with no ink on your nipples, so personally I would rather tattoo them)

Is it safe to tattoo over armpits (glands etc)?

I'm not a tattooer so I can't say either way but I've seen plenty of full armpit tattoos healed and the people all seem fine. As regards to nipples, again I've seen plenty of people with their nipples tattooed and they've been alright. Even if it does fuck up your nipples, does it really matter? I've yet to find a use for mine...

I'm not a tattooer so I can't say either way but I've seen plenty of full armpit tattoos healed and the people all seem fine. As regards to nipples, again I've seen plenty of people with their nipples tattooed and they've been alright. Even if it does fuck up your nipples, does it really matter? I've yet to find a use for mine...

Lol that's true but how does it fuck up your nipples?

Are sweat glands in the armpit effected in any way?

Like I said, I'm not a tattooer or even remotely interested in medicine/health care, all I can say is that I don't think the ink/needle is actually going to go deep enough to do anything to either. I've got parts of tattoos that go onto my nipples and I'm still here. If you're so worried just don't get those places done. I'm sure you've got plenty of space left to fill before those areas become a problem

When I was getting my front tattooed by Tomo he tattooed right up against but not on top of my nipples. He said he had lined directly over nipples before, and just commented that it was sore. I've seen quite a lot of chest plates which run right over the nipples.

I would actually suggest that in that neck of the woods the sternum is the more painful area.

All of your skin has sweat glands. There is absolutely no difference in getting your armpit, nipple, arm or face tattooed. You're not going to have any adverse glandular reaction to a tattoo in your armpit or anywhere else unless you get an infection, which is 100% preventable. The question is... Can you hang?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say it's more "normal" to tattoo armpits than Nipples. I've tattooed maybe 10-15 pairs of armpits. from palm-sized to full coverage. Your question @peterpoose is similar to asking "Will the hair grow back on my arm?" your skin and it's function will not change. It may be a little more sensitive for a while but armpits heal fairly quickly.

Nipples are less common. I prefer the look of a tattoo that goes around the nipples if it's designed correctly. I've yet to notice anyone have loss of 'function' with tattooed nipples. They don't hold pigment quite as well as other areas, much like an elbow or knuckle. you can get the pigment to stay but you're not going to be able to have a mini portrait there.

One thing to bear in mind: You can tattoo anything. yes, ANYTHING. Yep, even that bit you're thinking of. Yup, even that other bit.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lucky+diamond+rich&aq=f&oq=lucky+diamond+rich

or

Shannon Larratt is Zentastic › The Sleeper Has Awakened

Now the question is, will it look good?

The answer, as ever, is to go to someone who has healed examples of the type of thing you're looking for but some areas of skin won't ever hold finely detailed tattoo designs.

I'd say it's more "normal" to tattoo armpits than Nipples. I've tattooed maybe 10-15 pairs of armpits. from palm-sized to full coverage. Your question @peterpoose is similar to asking "Will the hair grow back on my arm?" your skin and it's function will not change. It may be a little more sensitive for a while but armpits heal fairly quickly.

Nipples are less common. I prefer the look of a tattoo that goes around the nipples if it's designed correctly. I've yet to notice anyone have loss of 'function' with tattooed nipples. They don't hold pigment quite as well as other areas, much like an elbow or knuckle. you can get the pigment to stay but you're not going to be able to have a mini portrait there.

One thing to bear in mind: You can tattoo anything. yes, ANYTHING. Yep, even that bit you're thinking of. Yup, even that other bit.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lucky+diamond+rich&aq=f&oq=lucky+diamond+rich

or

Shannon Larratt is Zentastic › The Sleeper Has Awakened

Now the question is, will it look good?

The answer, as ever, is to go to someone who has healed examples of the type of thing you're looking for but some areas of skin won't ever hold finely detailed tattoo designs.

Thank you mate:-)

My worry with armpits was that tattooing is a type of scaring in some sense of the word. I say this because I used to have quite a spotty back but after getting my back piece the spots have stopped wherever I have been tattooed. They seem to only come out now wherever I don't have any ink.

This made me think about the armpits and glands being scarred over preventing them from working properly. That was my thought process on this.

Glad to hear I am wrong:-)

I have been goin back and forth in my mind about a spiderweb in the armpit. I have talked to a few who have had ink done there, and they cringe when I bring it up. Like they re-live the pain. LOL. So with that in mind, Im gonna do it. This summer for sure. I will post all the traumatic events as they unfold. lol.

Both will be fine. If scarring is a concern, go to an artist that is a skilled enough technician to not scar you up...as you already should and may be doing. As for nipples, speaking aesthetically, it is no better to ignore them than any other part of the body. Incorporate them into the tattoo but it is my opinion that to act like they are not there and blast over them without regard to body specific design is working against the body, not with it.