Flying with tattoo ink

BenHa

i tried looking through past posts to see if i can have my question answered before posting. Saw a few things but nothing too specific so sorry if i missed it.

So, i am traveling to guest spot for the first time in my career. Im riding by car at first with some friends from Oakland to Phoenix arizona for Oakland A's spring training for the weekend. After the weekend they are driving back but I am taking a shuttle to Prescott, AZ to guest spot at my friends shop for a week. I will be flying back from Phoenix to San Francisco which is only about a 2 hour flight but i have heard some horror stories about inks exploding due to the change in air pressure or whatever. So is there any ways to avoid this from happening or any special way i should pack them?

I hate to bust balls, but I don't think people are going to answer your question, it kind of blurs the line of talking about technical stuff. It may seem like no big deal, but if some person who is tattooing out of their kitchen reads this forum, I would rather them have to figure it out for themselves than give them the answer to stuff like that. I am not discrediting your question, but just this forum isn't the place for it and it sounds like you know enough other tattooers to find out the answer anyway.

I hate to bust balls, but I don't think people are going to answer your question, it kind of blurs the line of talking about technical stuff. It may seem like no big deal, but if some person who is tattooing out of their kitchen reads this forum, I would rather them have to figure it out for themselves than give them the answer to stuff like that. I am not discrediting your question, but just this forum isn't the place for it and it sounds like you know enough other tattooers to find out the answer anyway.

Ya i definitly understand. Good point. I didnt really think about how it could be considered the techincal stuff but that makes sense. No offense taken, I will ask around my to my friends who tattoo and travel. Thanks for the heads up. And to any moderators on here my bad i didnt mean to post something too close to being considered technical. Much respect.

Shit... I would just Fed Ex the ink to where you're going to be working out of.

I know a guy that sells model car paint (Black Gold, an offshoot of House of Kolor) and when he travels from Texas to shows, he has a pallet of his spray cans and bottles of paint sent to his motel or someone's house.

Rob

The OP's only real problem is listening to ever dumb thing people say and not spending 5 mins to troubleshoot his problem or lack their of.