Shaking Hands Design

majorpenalty

You mean the friendship hands? Honestly I don't think meanings of tattoos are really that important unless you that is something that you are into. Meaning I don't think you have to worry about someone diving to deep into your imagery on a traditional tattoo or challenging it's application to your life. On the other hand I can see how it's fun to dig into the history and see how stuff originated.

You mean the friendship hands? Honestly I don't think meanings of tattoos are really that important unless you that is something that you are into. Meaning I don't think you have to worry about someone diving to deep into your imagery on a traditional tattoo or challenging it's application to your life. On the other hand I can see how it's fun to dig into the history and see how stuff originated.

yes the friendship hands, i see this tattoo pop up all over the place, i thought it had something to do with respect, honesty

where does it originate from? sailors?

To my understanding, the handshake is about brotherhood, loyalty, honesty, camaraderie, friendship, etc. I could be wrong.

The hand with the letter is a Dear John design. It's signifies a big break up. Usually people get that tattooed after they've been dumped. Or so I'm told. I wouldn't want that tattooed on me though. I don't need a reminder on my skin that I just got dumped.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ive always had the same curiosity, im sure theres a really logical symbolisim to the tattoo but Ive spent some time in SLC and when walking around the mormon temple theres tons of masonic symbols all over that building and one of them is the shaking hands, for all we know they shake hands before they put on their goat pants and howl at the moon in secret societies