Ink and Iron convention.

• 2 weeks later...
If you want to go to one of these conventions...how far in advance do you need to buy tickets? I see that they are already on sale and they say "buy now while you still can". Like now now? Or will tickets still be available say in March/April. I've never been to a convention.

Have never been to Ink N Iron, but i imagine cause of the amount of things going on it could sell out. I would buy the tickets, I doubt you would have any problem selling them if you didnt need them

If you want to go to one of these conventions...how far in advance do you need to buy tickets? I see that they are already on sale and they say "buy now while you still can". Like now now? Or will tickets still be available say in March/April. I've never been to a convention.

there's too many people that come and go for them to consider it 'sold out'. I think they end online ticket sales a few days-a week prior to the show...

Cool thanks, guys. Now I have one more question-- anyone here w/little kids... have you ever brought your kid to Ink & Iron or another convention?

On the website it says you can bring them but some areas are 18+. I kind of want to go to Ink & Iron, but I would want to bring the hubby & 5 yr old. We're concerned she might be totally bored, or might see some stuff that scares her (like when we took her to the Kubrick exhibit at LACMA, oops), and/or bother the artists by acting her age... Is there anything for kids to do there or is it just a bad idea?

Does she like cars and burlesque pole dancing? Ha ha! The only part I think is 18+ might be the latter. At least from what I've seen. Is she a well behaved 5 year old and interested in pictures and shiny fenders and custom pin striping? If so she might be able to hang. I went with a 38 year old adult who couldn't and I had too leave after about 2 hours because they were bored and whining like a 2 year old.

Personally even I get overwhelmed at this convention though. It can be a little over stimulating on the eyes for me as there is so much going on. I don't know if there's really a kids outlet there. There's been a couple spots though that I've glossed over and didn't pay much attention too. Hope this helps a wee bit.

You can bring kids. I saw a few kids there last year. I wouldn't recommend taking them into Sin Alley. Although I did see a man with a young child on his shoulders watching the pole dancers. My friend and I laughed with a guy that was trying to get a picture of the kid and the pole dancers in the background. I was surprised to see a kid there-- I thought that area was 18+. Otherwise, it's a pretty kid-friendly event as long as he/she is well-behaved.

- - - Updated - - -

Last year, there was a man walking around with a young boy (maybe around 8-10 yrs old) who had no shirt on and was covered in temporary tattoos. A women asked if she could take a picture of him and the boy responded, "Five Dollars." So some kids seem to have fun. I don't know what your daughter's interests are, but she may like the cars, rockabilly people, and seeing the Queen Mary.