The LST Tattoo Advice Commandments:

Pugilist

11. Thou shalt not EVER get tattooed by a friend of a friend in his kitchen, motel room, truckstop, etc. Use ONLY reputable tattooers working in actual shops.

My first tattoo was done in a biker bar in Waynesville N.C.. However since it was 1985 and the tattooer was legit I'm not sure if I broke a commandment.

Thou shalt not receive the holding of hands, especially in regards to queries relating to: how to go about getting tattooed, how to contact a tattooer, how your new tattoo looks, how your imaginary tattoo looks photoshopped on a stock photo of an arm with that tattoo, and thou certainly shalt not receive a single response when thinking, maybe, out loud on the Internet about possibly -- one day -- starting on your imagined quarter-length sleeve (outside of arm only) and inquiring about the pros and cons.

Thou shalt be shown the proverbial door and given the holy hand grenade.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

If I may throw in my 2 cents as a newbie:

If thou art new to tattoos and tattooing, thou shalt read this forum prior to joining so that thou hast a basic understanding of what it stands for.

Thou shalt back down and reconsider thy position when contradicted by a forum member with greater knowledge and experience.

Thou shalt be willing to learn.

• 5 months later...
If I may throw in my 2 cents as a newbie:

If thou art new to tattoos and tattooing, thou shalt read this forum prior to joining so that thou hast a basic understanding of what it stands for.

Thou shalt back down and reconsider thy position when contradicted by a forum member with greater knowledge and experience.

Thou shalt be willing to learn.

If I may add,

Thou shalt not ask a question if thou only want confirmation of thy opinion.

• 2 years later...

Because this thread needs to be bumped.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2013 at 2:23 PM, Brock Varty said:

Thou shalt shut the F*** up and listen to good advice.

Thou shalt not keep blabbing and ignore good advice.

Thou shalt lurk long enough to understand good advice.

If thy hate thy first tattoo, thou shall not freak out.

Thou shall wait at least three months before making any decisions on cover-ups, laser or additional tattoos.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...