What's your favorite tattoo on your body?

Jake

It may be the one you traveled overseas to get done by one of your tattoo icons, it may be one done in your buddy's basement when you were 16, or it may be the one you don't even remember getting done! Either way let's see 'em!

Here's mine to kick it off. Tattoo by Scott Sylvia in 2008. Hard spot to photograph. Inner arm that wraps around a bit. Elbow to armpit.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Damn! Two days, fourteen hours with only five days in between! Thanks for the tattoo photos and stories!! That is very impressive and I love that there's no color. Why'd you decide no color?

I hear the butt crack is one of the more painful spots?

Edited by Lochlan

Alright Jake and the rest of the LST tattoo community here it goes…..

This is a tough call to pick my favorite tattoo as I must admit I still like almost all of my tattoos even those I don’t really remember getting and/or could potentially be classified as tattoo regrets but then I decide I like it again. Which is why I have no tattoo cover-up or tattoo laser removal but that’s another thread I’ll be writing in today. On to the favorite tattoo, as stated above that this is a hard decision so today’s favorites are (Yes favorites I got three today):

1) The cherub with bleeding eyes, Nick Rodin did on my throat back in 2006 or 2007 at Blackheart Tattoo.

2) The Skeleton Peace Cherub on my left rib by Zach Johnson at some tattoo shop on the Haight/Ashbury in San Francisco back in 2005/2004 maybe? I got this idea because I obviously like spiritual, religious, and cemetery imagery so this is a morph of all three in one tattoo.

3) The Skeleton War Cherub on my right rib by Zach Johnson at some tattoo shop on the Haight/Ashbury in San Francisco back in 2005/2004 maybe? The idea is the same as above and both were done in one sitting.

There are today’s favorite tattoos. I love the post in this thread and look forward to hearing and seeing more of everyone’s favorites tattoo/tattoos.

Until next time….have a good day!

Lochlan

NrodinCherub0607.jpg

PeaceCherub.jpg

WarCherub.jpg

Damn! Two days, fourteen hours with only five days in between! Thanks for the tattoo photos and stories!! That is very impressive and I love that there's no color. Why'd you decide no color?

I hear the butt crack is one of the more painful spots?

Yeah Dude, First few lines of the tattoo Filip ripped a line right into the crack. Had to take a break just a few minute in, thought I was gonna pass out. Had to lay on the floor for a minute to get my shit together! Then it was on. Opted out on color for a few reasons. 1. Time factor due to travel. 2. I like Filip's black and grey work. 3. I like a balance of color and black work. Easier on the eyes and less chemmies in the body. Cheers! Dean

damn Dean! finally got to a computer and got to look at the photos. great work on that back piece. I particularly like how it all comes together in the lower back/mouth portion.

and Lochlan- Zach did that writing on the side of your ribs/belly too right? fucking crazy small letters.

Dean, yeah i've heard similar stories from other on getting the butt crack tattooed, thanks.

Jake, yes Zach Johnson did the writing on my ribs. I wrote it out and he put the rib writing on. I thought I wanted it that small but now kinda wish I would of gone bigger but considering how long it is i think it worked out best how the tattoo was done.

Calbee, the skull by Chris Smith is cool with the horns. Then the Myles Karr piece with the small touches of blue are awesome! I see why you suggested him.

Thanks everyone.....keep the favorite tattoos coming.......

Edited by Lochlan

• 1 month later...

Thanks man. Chris Garver did the tiger about 6 or 7 years ago. I have to let you know that I have been looking at your tattoos on Flickr for quite awhile. I think that I have all of your photos in my favorites section. It is quite an impressive collection, and it will only get better with a couple of tigers from Lehi. He is incredible.