Tattoo removal in South East England/London, UK... prices?

Swan

I'm looking to get my tattoo removed this year hopefully and have been browsing a few places online.

I've got a 3/4 sleeve tattoo. I'm just looking for a ball park figure for removal before I visit any places to check them out, as I know the size of the tattoo and colours used will influence this. But I'd like to know the figures I'll be looking at as I want to commit to getting the tattoo reduced enough for a cover-up.

I found this place in London: Tattoo Removal Price List | Tattoo Removal

Is £1000 for 5 sessions reasonable?

Cheers

Thanks for that Iwar.

I guess what I'll do is try and visit a few them all in a short period, guess that's the only way I'll find out their actual prices... plus I might get so many test patches that I'll get a first session for free! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

My brother is removing two tattoos, one on his back which is only black, probably around 5-6 sq inches, and the lower half of a 3/4 sleeve, which has all kinds of different colours.

He's paying £130-140 for both I think.

I went to the same place, I'm getting a black and grey backpiece removed which takes up almost half my back and he's charging me £110 a session and treats the whole piece in one sitting.

I guess his prices vary mostly based on the colours used rather than the size of the tattoo because mine is bigger but I'm paying less.

- - - Updated - - -

You can see my tattoo before and after the first session in this thread - http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/tattoo-removal-coverup/3573-any-good-laser-places-around-long-island-nyc.html#post60140

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers for the info. That's a very good price and Farnham isn't too far for me. I'll sort out an appointment soon and start my zapping. Looks like your back piece removal is going well. Good luck with all of that!

• 3 months later...

@Swan Cult Classic Tattoo in Romford is where we recommend many people to go if they are east of London.

I've seen very impressive results from Joe, who works there.

Searching for prices online will not give you an indication of how much you will spend on removing/lightening your tattoo. Much like tattooing, the skill of the operator plays a huge part. Many places will let you know that they are using the latest equipment etc but your results and eventual cost will depend on the current state of your tattoo and your eventual goal. Session or hourly rate will not really tell you anything - 10 sessions at £30 doesn't mean that you will get better results than 5 sessions at £60 or 3 sessions at £100 or whatever

I've seen more bad lazer jobs than I've seen bad tattoos. - Think about that for a minute. It's a lot.

Visit in person or call to arrange a consultation. Ask to see photos of similar sized work. Many websites will show miraculous disappearance of small tattoos leaving no trace.

It's probably a good idea to speak to the person who you want to do the tattoo too. Different tattooers use different approaches to cover-ups.

Before anyone thinks about getting in touch with any TV people. Please look at the previous work of the particular production company.

Endemol recently twitter-spammed hundreds of people asking about regretting ear piercings. I guess they're planning a show about how people regret tattoos etc. I'm not saying that's bad, just be aware of the editorial slant of any media you chose to get involved with. If I was being less fair, I'd say expect a freak show.

@Swan Cult Classic Tattoo in Romford is where we recommend many people to go if they are east of London.

I've seen very impressive results from Joe, who works there.

Searching for prices online will not give you an indication of how much you will spend on removing/lightening your tattoo. Much like tattooing, the skill of the operator plays a huge part. Many places will let you know that they are using the latest equipment etc but your results and eventual cost will depend on the current state of your tattoo and your eventual goal. Session or hourly rate will not really tell you anything - 10 sessions at £30 doesn't mean that you will get better results than 5 sessions at £60 or 3 sessions at £100 or whatever

I've seen more bad lazer jobs than I've seen bad tattoos. - Think about that for a minute. It's a lot.

Visit in person or call to arrange a consultation. Ask to see photos of similar sized work. Many websites will show miraculous disappearance of small tattoos leaving no trace.

It's probably a good idea to speak to the person who you want to do the tattoo too. Different tattooers use different approaches to cover-ups.

Before anyone thinks about getting in touch with any TV people. Please look at the previous work of the particular production company.

Endemol recently twitter-spammed hundreds of people asking about regretting ear piercings. I guess they're planning a show about how people regret tattoos etc. I'm not saying that's bad, just be aware of the editorial slant of any media you chose to get involved with. If I was being less fair, I'd say expect a freak show.

I am quoting @Stewart Robson in hopes you read this again and take the advice.

There are many laser threads here on LST and I recommend reading them if your still unsure. Several members have successfully covered very large pieces.

I echo this statement. In my college days some friends and I appeared in a pilot and a tv show. Let's just say after editing, etc you really might end up with something different that what you planned. That is not saying this is the case, just check it out.

Going on a TV show is a no no for me.

Thanks for the advice Stewart and the rest. It'll probably be while before I can afford the removal, but I'll look into the place in Romford when I'm ready.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...