18 hours on a sleeve, your arm must have been worthless that whole week

That pretty much described the feeling. I did end up working the entire week after but no negative incidents occurred, whew. Swelling subsided after 2 weeks. It took about a month to fully heal considering the coverage. I had my touch up on 1/30/15 and put about five more hours into it. Healed up just fine in 14 days.

• 3 weeks later...

I once worked 12 hours at tattoo on back

It was my longest session. During this time, people smoked 3 cigarettes and I drank 10 cups of coffee (because i don't smoke) =) Very tired then. Now i separated such session at 2 or 3 or more part))

And the longest session on my skin was 7 hours. It was tattoo on hip and was very sleepy =)

• 2 weeks later...

When I was speaking to my artist, he said that he has never done color tatt, and that also was my first one. We ended up having five or six sessions each was around six or seven hours. After all that we ended up having a great koi fish. Great experience for both of us.

Mine was around 4 - 5 hours. I flew to NYC and took a cab straight to the shop (which opened two hours later.) After the tattoo I was totally out of it from sleep exhaustion. Wish I would have been in a better state of mind so I could have talked to the artists more, but I needed sleep. Mike R did the tattoo, awesome dude and his shop is out of this world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I just sat for an 8hr tattoo. Saturated colour with two cover ups. Never again 🤣

6 hours was ok but the last two hours was excruciating! The whites in the flowers felt like he was using an ice pick over gravel rash.

I was traveling so I couldn't do it in blocks. 11hrs at the shop and 8hrs in the chair. I was exhausted. Mind you sitting in the chair for 6 hours didn't help my lower back 😒

I'll stick to 5hr ones next time, however, I'm happy I stuck it out.

Did I mention never again? 🤣

20180211_134131.jpg

On 19/02/2015 at 1:25 AM, rich9cinti said:

That pretty much described the feeling. I did end up working the entire week after but no negative incidents occurred, whew. Swelling subsided after 2 weeks. It took about a month to fully heal considering the coverage. I had my touch up on 1/30/15 and put about five more hours into it. Healed up just fine in 14 days.

Omg I can't even imagine! 8hrs was too long for me 😒

10 hours ago, Kylsa said:

I just sat for an 8hr tattoo. Saturated colour with two cover ups. Never again 🤣

6 hours was ok but the last two hours was excruciating! The whites in the flowers felt like he was using an ice pick over gravel rash.

I was traveling so I couldn't do it in blocks. 11hrs at the shop and 8hrs in the chair. I was exhausted. Mind you sitting in the chair for 6 hours didn't help my lower back 😒

I'll stick to 5hr ones next time, however, I'm happy I stuck it out.

Did I mention never again? 🤣

20180211_134131.jpg

That is absolutely beautiful!

1 hour ago, Boiled Dove said:

Damn, and I'm sitting here proud that I made it through 3 hours on my ribs. Y'all are funckin' amazing. 

Eekkk ribs hurt a lot.... So I hear! I haven't been game enough to try lol. 3 hrs is a long time on a sensitive area 👍

2 hours ago, Boiled Dove said:

Damn, and I'm sitting here proud that I made it through 3 hours on my ribs. Y'all are funckin' amazing. 

3 hours on the ribs = 6 hours on the back.

The back is nothing. I almost fell asleep many times, except when he got too close to the love handles.

2 hours ago, Hogrider said:

3 hours on the ribs = 6 hours on the back.

The back is nothing. I almost fell asleep many times, except when he got too close to the love handles.

I got my greg Christian piece on my upper center back in October and IMO that was a pretty sensitive area for me.