• 4 weeks later...

Im from cincinnati,Ohio and I just sat through ALMOST 9 HOURS last night working on my sleeve! I got 4 pieces and some fill in done last night, and let me tell you my arm is POUNDINGG today! It seemed like once we got past 4-5 hours, EVERY spot hurt worse than it should have.

In the past 2 1/2 weeks ive done almost and entire half sleeve. Just got some fill in/ connecting left to do now!!

Ill post pics if anyone wants to see

The longest should have been 7 hours. But the spot hurt SO bad and I cried through the entire thing (only one ive cried getting so far haha) so we broke it into 3 sessions.

Longest full sitting was 4.5 hours on my arm. I had no choice, I had a flight to catch the next morning & it was the only time he had open. So it was sit & deal or be SOL

My longest is 3 1/2 hours. It wasnt too bad, I was prepared with some advil and good food and I was well hydrated.

I have an appointment Friday...early, at 11 am. If he doesnt have anything in the afternoon I am going to see if he can finish my tattoo in an extended session...I think it will take 7 or 8 hours. I would rather just get it done at this point! I think I can go that long with a lunch break and advil.

I think I spent five hours getting this tattooed on me a long time ago before i knew how to get tattooed and what to get tattooed. It still is just amazes me what the fuck i was thinking. Note the tattoo isn't even finished after the five hours, but I have to admit looking back I can't imagine trying to make sense out of the line drawing and what was black and what was skin.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my ribs tattooed by stewart maaaaany years ago and one of the sittings was 5 and a bit hrs, that was fun! haha. he says i fell asleep but i think i was just passed out. then jack rudy tattooed a topless babe on my thigh this year at the milano convention that took 6 hrs inc drawing time. the thigh one was actually incredibly easy going though, was feeling a wee bit raw towards the end but could have gone on longer if needed. getting the front of your thigh tattooed is generally easy i feel but he was so gentle it boggled my mind

• 2 months later...

I went 6 hours on a key on my forearm. a freind who was starting to do tattoos, actually this was hist FIRST tattoo on someone (that turned out amazing considering) took 6 hours. he was scared to hurt me and took foreverrrrr. I was like dude I have a full pheonix on my back that took 3.5 hours to inverse outline...after he touched it up (which took a much shorter amount of time) I am happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny how some tattooers are really fast and others so slow. I have an owl on my forearm that took about four hours and I have a tattoo on my chest three times as big that took a little over 4 hours. The chest kind of sucked towards the end, but I got the chest piece in one sitting deal!

I wonder if the experience is different for larger tattoos? If there is more surface area being worked on I would think that the pain might be lessened allowing a longer session...

I wonder if the experience is different for larger tattoos? If there is more surface area being worked on I would think that the pain might be lessened allowing a longer session...

I think the body can only take so much, even if the pain isn't all in one spot. The reaction (IDK, adrenaline or something) is probably just as bad.

Longest for me has been 3 hours. After 2 hours, I feel pretty shithouse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...