Friday I done 4 hours on the front of my thigh from the knee up. Worst session I have ever had . I wasnt feeling great when I went in, about halfway I got that "draining" feeling like all the energy was beeing pulled from my body. It was horrible never experienced that before. Quite painful too. Got another 4 hours to go in January ...

Friday I done 4 hours on the front of my thigh from the knee up. Worst session I have ever had . I wasnt feeling great when I went in, about halfway I got that "draining" feeling like all the energy was beeing pulled from my body. It was horrible never experienced that before. Quite painful too. Got another 4 hours to go in January ...

...what'd you do the night before? Getting tattooed while hungover, even slightly, is about the worst thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The longest I've been tattooed for was 5.5-6ish hours, working on the lower parts of my back piece. Didn't enjoy a sitting that long much at all - anything over 4 hours and I'm pretty much over it and ready for a snack, haha. I'd probably consider sitting for about that long again if it was a convention and the only way to finish the piece, but not with my regular artists.

• 9 months later...

I've not done more than about 3 hours so far, but I have three 5-6 hour sessions coming up and was told that once we start shading that it's going to be "brutal". I know that I'll manage, and at least it's a mostly easy spot (not looking forward to either my inner bicep or the ditch though!), but I'm kind of looking forward to starting big work with a local guy so I can sit for only a couple of hours at a time and space it out and not have to worry about doing these long sessions so the tattoo can be completed in a timely fashion.

Last appointment I was there 3:30-11:00pm but wasn't being tattooed the whole 7.5 hours...there was some time for sketching, printing, etc. still, it was pretty long. It was fine, I was just so tired at the end, felt like a zombie.

The whole deal takes a toll on the body and mind. I've gone 3 hours of actual ink time give or take and that's my limit especially with the back injury. I can only pop so many pain pills and drive home safely. A lot of it is up to what the artist is comfortable doing.

On my chest work, one side.. I hit the virtual wall with the pain involved at the 2.5 hour mark... chewed on my belt so she could finish it up.

Rob

The longest I've sat is 4.5 hours with a couple short breaks. I'm too much of a wimp to sit any longer. After about 3.5-4 hours I start to lose my tolerance and really can't take much more. All of my larger pieces have been broken up into several sessions accordingly.

I now break up the big tattoos into 2 sessions, still sittin' in the chair for 3 hours at a clip.... I start out talkative and joking around, get quieter as the session rolls on and am practically catatonic at the end.

I have one coming up later this year that will have to be 3 sessions.

Rob

longest session was 9ish to 3am. Mind you I wasn't tattooed the whole time but a large portion of it was being tattooed. Coloring in pretty much the entire back of your thigh is no short sitting!

At usually 3 hour mark my body screams at me to stop. Every inch of my body just feels uncomfortable. I think that is generally most peoples tipping point.

I have sat for 6+ hours a couple times and will be doing 6 hours two days in a row when I start with Mr. Flatmo. I gotta say...at about 4 hours the pain makes every second agony, but, if the tattooer is fast and constantly works the skin, and doesnt take little 30 second pauses, then it goes way better. If the needle stays in the skin as much as possible I feel like my tolerance for pain blocks it out much better.

Same goes for breaks. I prefer to take no breaks unless absolutely necessary. It just hurts tenfold when that needle hits skin again.

I can't even imagine how my two day session with Kore is going to go. I know he is super fast but sitting 6+ hours and then doing it again the next day with a raw back and ass....whew. I am going to be fucking hurting.

I have sat for 6+ hours a couple times and will be doing 6 hours two days in a row when I start with Mr. Flatmo. I gotta say...at about 4 hours the pain makes every second agony, but, if the tattooer is fast and constantly works the skin, and doesnt take little 30 second pauses, then it goes way better. If the needle stays in the skin as much as possible I feel like my tolerance for pain blocks it out much better.

Same goes for breaks. I prefer to take no breaks unless absolutely necessary. It just hurts tenfold when that needle hits skin again.

I can't even imagine how my two day session with Kore is going to go. I know he is super fast but sitting 6+ hours and then doing it again the next day with a raw back and ass....whew. I am going to be fucking hurting.

I'm doing the same when I go to see him in February! I'm getting a sleeve done though, so it shouldn't be too too bad, save for the ditch and elbow. Good luck!

Kore works really quickly. He kept everything moving alone at a nice pace during my last session. What are you having done?

Kore works really quickly. He kept everything moving alone at a nice pace during my last session. What are you having done?

He is doing a full back piece, neck down to bottom of ass and the entire right leg from hip to toe.

Back is a Huge Tibetan skull and water, leg is a women with veils on like in some of his silk paintings and a crow on a skull. I told him to mix in roses and water as well.

I have not seen any artwork yet and am waiting patiently...First sessions in late january.

@Brock Varty

I've done a few back-to-back days (on my back also, in fact) and managed to get through it. The second day is obviously much worse, but you should be OK for the first few hours, it's the last half of the second day that really sucks.

If I'm getting tattooed all day I think it makes sense to get a few breaks in there, and keep eating through the day. It's not like it's cheating, if it ultimately allows you to keep going even longer than if you tried to just sit all the way through.