He is doing a full back piece' date=' neck down to bottom of ass and the entire right leg from hip to toe.

Back is a Huge Tibetan skull and water, leg is a women with veils on like in some of his silk paintings and a crow on a skull. I told him to mix in roses and water as well.

I have not seen any artwork yet and am waiting patiently...First sessions in late january.[/quote']

Wow, I can't wait to see the finished product. For what it's worth I got my study a week before my appointment. I thought I was going to break my email I checked it so much.

Wow, I can't wait to see the finished product. For what it's worth I got my study a week before my appointment. I thought I was going to break my email I checked it so much.

Me and a friend(who is also starting a full back with Kore) are driving in 10 hours away and renting a car/booking hotel etc. I would really like to see what he has planned before I actually make travel arrangements. My buddy is a tattooer so it is harder for him to find the time off...he is really the one who wants to see his study.

@Brock Varty

I've done a few back-to-back days (on my back also, in fact) and managed to get through it. The second day is obviously much worse, but you should be OK for the first few hours, it's the last half of the second day that really sucks.

If I'm getting tattooed all day I think it makes sense to get a few breaks in there, and keep eating through the day. It's not like it's cheating, if it ultimately allows you to keep going even longer than if you tried to just sit all the way through.

Thanks for the pro tips. I will have to make sure I eat throughout. I always make sure I have plenty of sleep and drink lots of fluid so hopefully all goes well on that second day.

The longest I've sat was 6 1/2 hours from Richard Stell on my stomach (which seemed like a week)... The longest I have tattooed someone was for just shy of 9 hours on this kid for his first tattoo. We did a complete great wave tattoo around the top of his arm onto his chest. I planned on doing 3-4 hours and for some reason made it my goal not to let him get up... He didn't let me down. Trooper!

I sat one 6.5 and two 8 hour sessions on a sleeve. The first eight hour session wasn't too bad (though I was sooo tired afterwards) but the second was brutal and felt like it was all bad spots. That one will be finished tomorrow, hopefully, and then I will never have to have an elbow tattooed again!

I sat for 7 1/2 on my ribs, well technically I sat for 2 1/2 and then drank a pint of vodka and slept for the next 5. I'm the worlds biggest sissy, really I'm like a 3yr old girl with a skinned knee when I get tattooed it's horrible. The next longest was 4 1/2 by Eric Inksmith last year. It was right before he started touring, his first time using disposables, on my calf. I tried to crush my skull by squeezing my temples to distract myself. It was right before the state fair, I had to stop and buy a cane at walmart, my leg was so swollen I could barely walk.

The longest I ever tattooed was in my first year, payday weekend at Ft. Campbell, tattooed from 10am til 4am, with only breaks to setup and break down. My hands were numb from my fingertips to my elbows.

The longest I've sat was 6 1/2 hours from Richard Stell on my stomach (which seemed like a week)... The longest I have tattooed someone was for just shy of 9 hours on this kid for his first tattoo. We did a complete great wave tattoo around the top of his arm onto his chest. I planned on doing 3-4 hours and for some reason made it my goal not to let him get up... He didn't let me down. Trooper!

This requires a photograph.

The longest I ever tattooed was in my first year, payday weekend at Ft. Campbell, tattooed from 10am til 4am, with only breaks to setup and break down. My hands were numb from my fingertips to my elbows.

I work twelve hour shifts brewing beer and I'm usually physically and mentally exhausted at the end of my day, I can't even imagine what tattooing that long is like.

I work twelve hour shifts brewing beer and I'm usually physically and mentally exhausted at the end of my day, I can't even imagine what tattooing that long is like.

I forgot to mention it was with 1/2 inch grips.

Thankfully I was young, but I was still in my apprenticeship, so I was first in last out everyday, and we didn't close until the last customer was seen. It didn't matter if they came in 30 seconds before closing. Everybody else would jet out, one of the owners and I would stay and he would hang out til I finished. It was brutal.

I love the fact that we work banker hours here.

3 hours on my lower back with 3 breaks within the session. so painful, but it was years ago i hardly remember the pain of the healing

I'm like the proverbial rock for the 1st 2.5 hours... I take a break when the artist needs one. Real late in the tattoo... many short breaks come into play. Just a 10-second breather and I'm good for a few more minutes.

Rob

My shortest sessions so far have been around 4 hours. The longest (mostly when we did the shading on the squidpants) were over 7.5 For the squidpants, we did 71 hours in 13 sessions, which gives an average of just under 5.5 hours.

Lately, most of the sessions have been 4-5 hours, just because I only have time to go on weekends, due to work, so have to do shorter sessions.

• 2 weeks later...

Longest I've gone was 6 hrs on a chest session.

There was a lot of energy in the shop that day with 2 other cats getting some work on backpieces. Everyone made the shop day-rate (5hrs and everything above that is gravy) and we were all feeling like a boss. But I felt like I got hit by a bus for the week following.

The longest I will sit now is 3hrs maximum. My tolerance for this shit has certainly deteriorated!

Well once again my artist and I pushed through a marathon...Woke up at 8, there by 9:15, finished drawing on body, started @ 10AM and was done tonight about 8:30PM. A couple of smoke breaks for him and some laughs with old friends for us and I was heading home to eat and to bed.

48 hours in the chair in 6 weeks or so. Finished my lower arm sleeve and started my 2nd leg sleeve from knee down to ankle.

It is my portrait of skulls we designed with a pyramid with an all seeing eye. The pyramid is complete as opposed to unfinished and without 13 steps...

I spose there are 2/ 8 hour sessions left as the work is very detailed and the skulls are partially colored.

• 2 weeks later...

My first session ever was about 8 hours in Switzerland with Filip Leu. It was a half sleeve and chest panel. We finished the entire arm in SF two years later in about the same time. My upper thigh with Shige was another 8-9 hour session. Thank God I live in a town with Bob Roberts! I do two hour sessions now.

• 4 weeks later...