5 1/2 hours of color blending on my neck by Will Lollie was brutal back in 2001. This was before he was killing it with scratch your eyes out cool Japanese stuff, back when "New School" was the big thing still. The longest I sat was with Damon Conklin back in 2000, 9 hours on my forearm. He's a lot faster now. It wasn't near as brutal, as I knew I was going to sit for a long time and ran 2 miles a day and drank a gallon of water every day for two weeks prior to be physically sound. The longest I worked straight through on a client was 10 hours a day, two days in a row. He was in town for 3 days only on holiday from his tour in Iraq and asked if I could do his sleeve in that time. The first day was planning and drawing. It was tiring on us both!, but like Calvin Sewell always said, "when the eyelids are heavy, the pockets are too."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey ! Got my first tat started last month . Done a 5 hour sitting done most of the out line . Done 5 nome Saturday to finish the out line in 2 hours. The 3 hour started shading on the ribs. Probley like 20 min breaks in total each time . A little choclate n drink ect What a killer I was in pain , but 4 days later Iv forgotten about the pain can wait to go again

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours on my ribs with one 30 minute break to eat. It hurt pretty bad, but I was still able to hold conversations during it. And yeah I also forgot about the pain after a couple days.

Sounds rough, don't think I could sit that long. Still waiting for that shishi pic btw :p

wholly momma! depends on what part of the body its on for me. Smaller pieces seem longer when its in a tender area. larger work I just get lost and don't pay attention.The fat handles were only a few hours (with a bit more to go,) christ almighty it felt like an eternity. but over all, four hours or so would be the most. This year I will be getting a bit of hand poked work, I am curious on how much is completed in "x" amount of time.

• 2 weeks later...