@peterpoose

I'm trying to even visualise how you'd do 19 hours... Incredible. Did you start at 10AM and go right through into the night, or how did it go? Breaks for food? Dd you guys have a few drinks? Enquiring minds want to know...

I wasn't trying to break any records lol he is very light handed and I am ok with pain except for my thighs, those seem to be my weak spot.

Did 9 hours few weeks back on thigh and at then end was shaking cold had to get a blanket lol

We did around 13 hours had a couple of hours break and carried on for 6 more:)

@peterpoose you are clearly a manimal. I would curl up and cry after 6-8 tops, 19 is pure insanity. Fantastic work as well!

I can't Imagine anyone will break this record in a very long time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Admins, can we change @peterpoose 's status from "contributor" to "manimal"?

@heathenist I just did this. 5 hours on Friday and 4 hours on Saturday. It really wasn't that bad at all. It's not the first time I've done two days, but it is the first time I've had color put into a day old outline. Not bad at all. I was super afraid of it, but in reality it was easy peasy.

Nowhere on the knee is fun though, whether it's day one or two :p

@heathenist I just did this. 5 hours on Friday and 4 hours on Saturday. It really wasn't that bad at all. It's not the first time I've done two days, but it is the first time I've had color put into a day old outline. Not bad at all. I was super afraid of it, but in reality it was easy peasy.

Nowhere on the knee is fun though, whether it's day one or two :p

Thanks, that's good to hear. Unfortunately I'm looking to get my chest done, so it's probably going to suck either way.

6 hours and it was pretty terrible at the end - shivering and mentally spent. He took hours to draw it on my back and we didn't start tattooing until around 10 pm. It was my first session ever and I didn't know what to expect, so I just took it as long as I could. My tattooer only does 1 appointment a day so his goal is to get as much done as possible.

I have the 3rd session on my back on Friday around 7 pm, and I'm trying to gear up to go 8 hours if I can manage. I'm bringing movies, food, water, candy, layers of clothing, gloves (yes, I get so cold quickly). They ragged me a little for the gloves but were cool about it. Hey, whatever I can do, right? He uses one of those massage chairs where you lean forward and put your face in the ring so I can't exactly use a blanket. I'm seriously thinking of bringing a heating pad to put under my chest but I wonder if I'll just look like a nut job. But once I start getting cold, the pain feels a lot worse. Any other advice is welcome.

@SeeSea the shivering is the worst part of long sessions. during my 6.5 hour session on my thigh i kept thinking to myself that i feel cold but i'm not really cold. it was just an odd uncomfortable feeling. need to put together a long session survival pack for my next session. it will include layers of clothing, candy, water, books, movies, podcasts, music....

@SeeSea need to put together a long session survival pack for my next session. it will include layers of clothing, candy, water, books, movies, podcasts, music....

LOL that's what I'm doing, including overnight stuff if I find I can't drive home after (I couldn't the first session). Don't forget to add appropriate battery chargers! I'm going to call ahead and see if they have a microwave - I'd like to bring a mug and bags of tea to keep the core temp up.

LOL that's what I'm doing, including overnight stuff if I find I can't drive home after (I couldn't the first session). Don't forget to add appropriate battery chargers! I'm going to call ahead and see if they have a microwave - I'd like to bring a mug and bags of tea to keep the core temp up.

Bugger. And here I was thinking that would just turn up with a snickers and a bottle of water. Better rethink my plan.

Just wondering...how do both the tattooer and the tattooee fight the urge to fall asleep during a 19-hour session?

Also, @SeeSea, could you bring an electric blanket in and cover the part of your back that isn't being worked on, or just your legs? Is that sort of thing allowed? I've only been tattooed twice now, but I brought ginger candy with me the first time -- the chewy kind usually made in Indonesia, you can get it at health food stores or Asian groceries -- and that helped settle my nerves and stomach immensely. It made a huge difference, if you like the taste of ginger.

@SeeSea, could you bring an electric blanket in and cover the part of your back that isn't being worked on, or just your legs? Is that sort of thing allowed? I've only been tattooed twice now, but I brought ginger candy with me the first time -- the chewy kind usually made in Indonesia, you can get it at health food stores or Asian groceries -- and that helped settle my nerves and stomach immensely. It made a huge difference, if you like the taste of ginger.

A blanket would probably be too awkward - there isn't a lot of room there, but that could be a good idea if I was laying down on a table, but I'm in the massage chair so I'm sort of upright and leaning forward.

I know which candy you are talking about - I actually bought some for my second session. They had it in my local grocery store - I was surprised to see it there. Ginger is good stuff. Thanks for throwing that out there.