Another Meanings Thread .... Crossed Hatchets?

rileykill

Does anyone know if there is any specific meaning attached to crossed hatchets/axes? It has symbolism for me personally, being a musician. Before I put it on my body permanently, just wanted to make sure there wasnt anything else I was unaware of .... Gracias.

Yeah thats what Im thinking .... wanted to make sure it didnt have Straight Edge connotations, mainly, because if so I probably shouldnt wear it

I wouldn't doubt if there are SE related meaning in it. If you can't find any info on that, I can ask a dude I work with that is a very serious straight edge dude.

Yeah, I mean, I dont care that much but Im definitely not a part of either of those groups (not that I dont respect SE). I'll keep lookin into it. I do have a perfect spot on my shoulder tho, and I have been playing guitar in bands since I was in high school.

I thought mostly w Skins it was the crossed hammers?

hammerskins have crossed hammers, sometimes with a bulldog head. usually straight edge kids will have "x"s of some sort, frequently in varisty lettering style. crossed hatchets i've only done and seen on fire fighters.

also, i think that the jd crowe viking playing an axe guitar is pretty rad. there's a line drawing i've got of a reaper playing one also, not sure of it's origin but its definately got the 70's biker vibe going on with it. pretty awesome too.

Exactly. If I live my life afraid of being mistaken for a Juggalo, what kind of man am I?

Well, as long as you aren't jailin' tough, drawers hangin' out in the breeze, 6X white tee-shirt, baseball cap with an ironed brim n the tag still on all busted sideways, klown shoes with the tongue flappin' n the laces draggin, yo, then you should be okay!

Don't know about SE, but there are several Skin groups that use some variant of that. I wouldn't let that stop you from using some form of it if you want to express your dedication to your ax, though!

Exactly. I have a lightning bolt on the back of my arm and I'm as far from white supremacist as you can get. I got it just because I like AC/DC. I have a spiderweb on my elbow and I've never been in jail, haven't even had a speeding ticket in the last 25 years. If you like it, get it.

Think about all of the people walking around with anchor tattoos, that aren't sailors, hell I have plenty of nautical tattoos and I don't even own a boat. I have a skull with wings, but far from a Hell's Angel or even a biker for that matter. Of all the girls I know the one who drinks and parties the most has "Straightedge" tattooed from shoulder to shoulder. Now something like that I would reconsider, but all the implied symbolism is kind of silly. I mean think about the tramp stamp, popular for awhile, then women shyed away because didn't want to be labeled as tramps, but the tattoo really had nothing to do with the level of promiscuity someone exhibits, nor does said promiscuity necessarily make you a tramp.