An LST Mod is hopping the pond

slayer9019

So after much thought and not much planning, I've decided to head over to Europe for a week or so. I will be mainly going to travel to Zurich to visit friends of mine but I might be stopping in London or Norway as well as going to Berlin. I'm calling out to anyone who has ideas of tattoo shops or other random stop to stop by while I'm there (other than the obvious Frith St!).

So after much thought and not much planning, I've decided to head over to Europe for a week or so. I will be mainly going to travel to Zurich to visit friends of mine but I might be stopping in London or Norway as well as going to Berlin. I'm calling out to anyone who has ideas of tattoo shops or other random stop to stop by while I'm there (other than the obvious Frith St!).

Awesome, what time of year are you heading over there?

I'm sure there are lots of other great shops in the London area, but these are some of the ones I have taken notice of....

Frith St (obviously)

Frith Street Tattoo | World famous Frith street tattoo, custom tattoos situated in the heart of Soho, London. Walk ins welcome!

The Family Business

The Family Business Tattoo Shop

Ian Flower's shop

Welcome

Into You

London - Into You

Jolie Rouge

http://www.facebook.com/jolierougetattoo

Jayne Doe

Jayne Doe

Alex Reinke is also in London, but I have no idea what sort of waitinglist he operates with, or if he even does one shot tattoos. You can always email or call him though

Horikitsune – Official website | Just another WordPress site

I pm'ed you about Norway ;)

There should be some kind of rule that only Lehi or Whitehead can do Black Metal tattoos. (outside of getting Fenriz to tat something random and German Techno related, on you)

Of course, rules are made to be broken.

Also, If you're traveling from another country it's easy to get tattooed at Frith Street. 0044 20 7734 8180 between 12-8pm UK time. (it's 5:17pm right now)

BTW: It's even easier if you're not from another country.

If you're scooting around Europe... Dan Sinnes is one of Europe's finest Luxembourg Electric Ave.

There should be some kind of rule that only Lehi or Whitehead can do Black Metal tattoos. (outside of getting Fenriz to tat something random and German Techno related, on you)

Of course, rules are made to be broken.

Also, If you're traveling from another country it's easy to get tattooed at Frith Street. 0044 20 7734 8180 between 12-8pm UK time. (it's 5:17pm right now)

BTW: It's even easier if you're not from another country.

If you're scooting around Europe... Dan Sinnes is one of Europe's finest Luxembourg Electric Ave.

For the last week I keep remembering to call you guys when I get home 5pm for me, way too late for you guys! Might give you guys a call this weekend, even though it is still pretty far out yet.

Also a question for those who travel between non-€ countries often, where is the cheapest/easiest place to convert. Looks like I will be dealing with NOK, GBP, and CHF all within a kinda short time. Usually if I am traveling for work, they handle all this crap, so I am not too sure. I don't want to get burned with insane fees or crap conversion rates. Withdrawing from ATMs will be fine since I have an international service on my account ($3 per withdraw).

From what I know the cheapest way to travel is to mostly use your credit card. Take some cash with you of course..... but that creates a problem when getting tattooed, where cash is king... so some more experienced people have to chime in, but if it's non-tattoo related, I'd say charge it.

From what I know the cheapest way to travel is to mostly use your credit card. Take some cash with you of course..... but that creates a problem when getting tattooed, where cash is king... so some more experienced people have to chime in, but if it's non-tattoo related, I'd say charge it.

I know that credit isn't really that popular in Europe as far as I've seen, plus my credit is actually a worse deal as far as I can tell. With getting tattooed I have to withdraw cash anyways

I was going to make the credit card recommendation too, to be honest. You get a lot of protection on your purchases that way too. Bear in mind you might need a card for accommodation anyway, at check in.

I would just use your ATM card for withdrawals if you're weekending somewhere that's non euro. But If I know I need a particular sum in advance to pay for a tattoo, or know I'm going to need a decent whack of sterling because I'm in the UK for a while, then I order currency in advance from my bank and make sure they don't screw me by adding anything on top of whatever the currency exchange rate is. I pick up the money before I go and that's one less thing to worry about.

Just beware of currency exchange places and ATMs which will add a commission on top of what you're ordering- they abound in airports in particular.

@slayer9019 you'll fit right in using a card for purchases. I see people in Starbucks using a card for a £2.50 drink all the time.

Like RoryQ says, you will probably have protection on your card purchases and most hotels need a card imprint before you book.

In my experience, most European tattoo shops are cash only. Obviously there are exceptions, but it's something to remember.

As for cash currency exchange: a general rule of thumb is to change the currency in it's country of origin. If you're selling US Dollars, sell them in the US. But if I'm traveling to multiple countries using multiple currencies, I make sure I have my debit card, with extra money in the account, enough currency appropriate for my destination for a few days and extra US Dollars. Almost everyone likes US Dollars. Just be aware that political events while you're away can have an impact on how much foreign currency you'll get for your dollars, but that applies to cards too.

Your bank isn't always the place with the best rate. You have to find a balance between commission percentage charged and the rate of exchange. There are some independent currency exchange places that you can bargain with for a better rate when dealing with cash. If you're exchanging smaller amounts of cash (i.e. just enough for a couple of meals and a cab fare) that works out super fucking expensive

That being said, $3 per cash withdrawal sounds like a sweet deal. Just draw everything you need for the duration of your stay from the local ATM in one transaction as soon as you get to that country.

xe.com is your friend. They have android and iPhone apps too.