What kind of shop do you go to most?

Ducky15568

Do you Guys/ Girls like to go to Local shops or more famous shops.

For me i like to go to a local shop (i like to support my community) i found a Gem of an artist in my opinion at a local shop. I know people swear by and only go to more prestigious shops but i figure its like this: there is a TON of great artists in many places, you just have to research your area, im just glad i found one in little ol' Montana.

The thing is, at least for me, the local shops are the famous shops. That might be because I live in the Bay Area, but it's also because, in the tattoo community, most great tattooers are at least somewhat well known. Take a look at Katie Sellergren; when she was working at Mount Idy, she was still getting recognized for the work that she put into the craft of tattooing.

I always go to the same place. I found my artist through recommendations of forum members here.

I consider PluraBella local. I would travel any distance to continue to get tattooed by Kore. I am sure that anyone who has been there can relate. The studio is pure magic. It is the best of tattoos, art and people all in one place.

I consider PluraBella local. I would travel any distance to continue to get tattooed by Kore. I am sure that anyone who has been there can relate. The studio is pure magic. It is the best of tattoos, art and people all in one place.

I had a hard time answering this question. While Kore is obviously famous, I'm not too sure if Plurabella is a name a lot of people know.

I had a hard time answering this question. While Kore is obviously famous, I'm not too sure if Plurabella is a name a lot of people know.

I don't think it is a name people know. I also think that is how Kore wants it. From conversation and the vibe at the studio...it feels like they like it that way. Kore is so humble that I think he doesn't want to be in the spotlight.

I don't think it is a name people know. I also think that is how Kore wants it. From conversation and the vibe at the studio...it feels like they like it that way. Kore is so humble that I think he doesn't want to be in the spotlight.

Come to think of it, they didn't give me the address until a few days before my appointment. I hadn't noticed that it wasn't listed any where until then. It's pretty cool that there's no sign, no indication at all that there is even a business there. I enjoy how private it is there, I don't think I would do well in a normal shop with other people getting tattooed in the same space at the same time. They ruined me, now I can only go there. :p

Come to think of it, they didn't give me the address until a few days before my appointment. I hadn't noticed that it wasn't listed any where until then. It's pretty cool that there's no sign, no indication at all that there is even a business there. I enjoy how private it is there, I don't think I would do well in a normal shop with other people getting tattooed in the same space at the same time. They ruined me, now I can only go there. :p

When I drove in, it was late at night, I was in a city I have never been to, and I drove by THREE times before I called Kim and had her rescue me. I think the studio was enjoyable for me partly because I am in a street shop six days a week and the change of pace was cool.

The thing is, at least for me, the local shops are the famous shops. That might be because I live in the Bay Area, but it's also because, in the tattoo community, most great tattooers are at least somewhat well known. Take a look at Katie Sellergren; when she was working at Mount Idy, she was still getting recognized for the work that she put into the craft of tattooing.

Same here. Invisible NYC is kinda my spot.

Every town and I do mean every town has at least one good, maybe not great, person that can do a good tattoo. It may not be your " style" but can tattoo a technically good tattoo.

I'm just trying to get tattoos done by the best tattooers possible. Whether or not they are in a famous shop is incidental.

Kind of an oxymoron there. The best tattooers are not at shitty studios for a reason! A famous shop does not become famous ( whatever famous means) by doing shitty tattoos!

Firth Street is a famous shop and has what people might call famous people tattooing there. I know if you say Valerie or Stewart's name at a tattoo shop, 90 percent will know who you are talking about! Especially with Instagram and Facebook.

Every town and I do mean every town has at least one good, maybe not great, person that can do a good tattoo. It may not be your " style" but can tattoo a technically good tattoo.

Kind of an oxymoron there. The best tattooers are not at shitty studios for a reason! A famous shop does not become famous ( whatever famous means) by doing shitty tattoos!

Firth Street is a famous shop and has what people might call famous people tattooing there. I know if you say Valerie or Stewart's name at a tattoo shop, 90 percent will know who you are talking about! Especially with Instagram and Facebook.

Well,the town I live in has one shop and one tattooer. You willing to bet that he can do a good tattoo? ;)

For my two tattoos so far I've gone to very good tattooers that aren't at what I'd call famous shops. My next tattoo will also be at a non-famous shop,then my (likely) next after that WILL be.

There's some really tiny towns out there with really bad tattooers! I stay in tiny towns for a living and I ALWAYS look!