I'm confused. Do you have a picture of your tattoo you need help cropping/color balancing or are you asking someone to draw you a rock of ages tattoo using a reference picture that you have? If it's the latter you're best off going to the tattoo artist you want to do the tattoo for you and discussing it with them.

Good afternoon Revid and welcome to our tattoo forum and ezine. You more than likely will not find anyone on here to draw you a design and/or suggest an online tattoo design forum. However, what you can gain from this tattoo website is some direction to good shops and tattooers to go see. By going to a good tattoo shop and good tattooer a personal tattoo based off of your idea(s) can be executed beyond your desires! Look around our tattoo pictures as well maybe and see if here are tattooers close to you and/or ones you are willing to travel to get tattooed by. So what I am getting at is where are you located and/or willing to travel to to get tattooed? Also posting pictures of your Rock of Ages tattoo would/could be helpful. Hope you enjoy your stay with us and we look forward to more post and tattoo pictures from you.

Until then......have a good day!

Thanks for the reference picture. Rock of Ages are one of those classic tattoos I like a lot. So you have a great picture and now some ideas of how you want to modify/personalize it so the next step is.....where are you located and/or where are you willing to travel to to get tattooed?

Iam on the east coast of canada.Iam just looking for a similiar pic to add to it or to give me some sort of direction.I like the background but would like to change the woman to a sexy angel with wings,well built up top and just enough torn clothing to cover up the good parts to make her a little "decent".I then would like her holding a divers helmet with a torn umbilical attached(Iam a commercial diver). Think its do able?

Almost anything is doable if you go to a good tattooer and don't have too many tattoo ideas and designs you are trying to stuff into one tattoo(but remember I am not a tattooer just a customer so tattooers please correct me if I am wrong).

Lizzie is on the forum and located in Toronto at Speakeasy. Mario Desa and Nick Colella from Chicago Tattoo Company did or are going up that way to guest spot I think I heard (both are on here as well). What else everyone? I know there's some East Coasters and East Canadian's on here.......

Here is the Nick Colella interview by Scott.

Yes it's very doable. You have enough ideas and information to bring to a good tattoo artist and let them do the drawing and tattoo for you. You should begin researching artists in your area or wherever you're willing to go. You can even post artist links and we can help point you in the right direction. Then you bring your reference picture and ideas for modification to an artist and go from there. This is how the process should go as opposed to having an internet stranger draw something for you which you would then take to an artist and say, "here, do this." I hope this helps.

Yes it's very doable. You have enough ideas and information to bring to a good tattoo artist and let them do the drawing and tattoo for you. You should begin researching artists in your area or wherever you're willing to go. You can even post artist links and we can help point you in the right direction. Then you bring your reference picture and ideas for modification to an artist and go from there. This is how the process should go as opposed to having an internet stranger draw something for you which you would then take to an artist and say, "here, do this." I hope this helps.

Well said and thanks! This is one of the reasons why this site was developed. To help people find good tattooers and shops that consistantly do good work and treat customers respectfully as customers should treat tattooers respectfully. Revid, by the way I responded to your two post on two other forums so glad you joined us at Last Sparrow Tattoo!

thanks guys.I guess what Iam really after is some pics close to what I have in my head so I can bring them to an artist and go from there.Its like I know what I want but dont know how to put it together so that it looks good.Any of ur buddies have any good "sexy angel"pics?

Revid, it's up to you to do the "legwork", that's half the fun of getting a tattoo. If you think you need more images, use the internet and search for them and bring them all to an artist and let the artist put your ideas together into one drawing, assuming you're not trying to cram in too much. Like I said though, if you just bring the Rock of Ages pic to an artist and describe what else you have in mind they will draw something for you and then the two of you can work together. If the artist isn't able to do a drawing then you're either trying to put too much into one piece or you need to find another artist. That's why they're called "artists", it's part of their job and part of the collaboration between client and artist.

I second everything that everyone here is saying. You can google image yourself silly, print out all the stuff that you like, and if you take it to the right artist they will pull it together and make it happen. Yes, maybe you would have to bring an exact picture of what you want to a less talented/experienced artist, but why on earth would you want to get tattooed by someone who couldn't draw or had no creative vision? A tattoo is (more or less) forever, so you can end up either loving it or regretting it FOREVER. Drive a little further, get on a plane, go where you need to go to make sure you'll be happy with it in the long run. It seems to me that what you want is very doable, unless you want it as a tiny piece in a small area. I like your idea, and think it would work best as a back piece, or big chest piece, or maybe the top of the thigh, somewhere where you have a large area of skin. For your idea, it might not work out if you went any smaller than at least a half sleeve, bigger would be better.

I second everything that everyone here is saying. You can google image yourself silly, print out all the stuff that you like, and if you take it to the right artist they will pull it together and make it happen. Yes, maybe you would have to bring an exact picture of what you want to a less talented/experienced artist, but why on earth would you want to get tattooed by someone who couldn't draw or had no creative vision? A tattoo is (more or less) forever, so you can end up either loving it or regretting it FOREVER. Drive a little further, get on a plane, go where you need to go to make sure you'll be happy with it in the long run. It seems to me that what you want is very doable, unless you want it as a tiny piece in a small area. I like your idea, and think it would work best as a back piece, or big chest piece, or maybe the top of the thigh, somewhere where you have a large area of skin. For your idea, it might not work out if you went any smaller than at least a half sleeve, bigger would be better.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Very nicely articulated and great advice!

I agree with you,no arguments there!I was going to put it on my back.All I came on here was for to get some advice and some reference links.thanks

while we might not be able to give you visual advice, there is a thread of tattoo artists that are recommended by LST members. you can find it here.

most of them should have websites or facebook pages where you can see their work and find out where they are tattooing.