Can anyone tell me who the artist of flash this is?

carmen1979

So to confirm, if call the shop (name is mentioned in the video) and ask about the flash you saw on the video from Barcelona, 2003.

Based on the photos saying Chad K., I don't think it's too much a stretch to think its early Chad Koeplinger ... Right?

I don't think it's Chad Koeplinger just cause the name looks too short when it is blown up and Chad doesn't sign his name that way, but anything is possible. But I am pretty sure that was drawn by a Spaniard looking at the style, but thought maybe it was for Chad K or something like that.

BTW what are these videos supposed to be about. There is another one about putting on temporary tattoos with with a paintbrush, I don't know about all that stuff. The flash is nice, but that is straight busch league stuff.

I looked up the shop and they say they are in Sherman oaks/van nuys , but all I could find is a couple of dumb things and a yelp profile that says they are closed. Plus I don't think I would call a shop and ask about flash on the wall, or I guess I would assume that they would tell me to come in and look for myself.

Thanks for all the help! I like it cause I like the anatomic heart idea, but not into the super realistic/grotesque look. I'm close to being done with a sleeve that is mostly realistic stuff, which is awesome, but I thought for my next piece after that I'd go for something different, and that heart is very cool.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it'll make a good resource to show my artist when it comes time to get work done, he can improve upon it! Speaking of which, is it bad form to print something like this off the internet to take to an artist to use as a idea for a tattoo (not a straight copy)?

Thanks for all the help! I like it cause I like the anatomic heart idea, but not into the super realistic/grotesque look. I'm close to being done with a sleeve that is mostly realistic stuff, which is awesome, but I thought for my next piece after that I'd go for something different, and that heart is very cool.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it'll make a good resource to show my artist when it comes time to get work done, he can improve upon it! Speaking of which, is it bad form to print something like this off the internet to take to an artist to use as a idea for a tattoo (not a straight copy)?

There's nothing wrong with bringing in a printed copy of this, shit it's flash if you got this exact tattoo I don't think there would be anything wrong with it, but if you have to redraw it anyway, might as well improve on it. I am sure whoever drew it was inspired by someone else's flash and drew his own version, and probably the person he copied it from did the same thing with someone else's flash. The design is old and classic and out there it's just a matter of people making it their own.

pg 117 of Tattooing from Japan to the West has a spider by Chad that looks real similar to this one and he also mentions visiting Barcelona in Sept of '03. it's gotta be Chad.

Yeah I would say that is the same spider. Thanks for reminding me about that book. I hadn't looked at it in a long time. It was like visiting an old friend.

You guys know that Chad Koeplinger has an email address right? I'm sure he would tell if it was his or not... And if it's not his, he's so well-traveled that he might know who drew it.

that's the easy way out... it's fun playing sleuth!

Yeah I would say that is the same spider. Thanks for reminding me about that book. I hadn't looked at it in a long time. It was like visiting an old friend.

it was the first tattoo book i got, so there's a definite sentimental there... aside from all the great tattoos and insight. i might just re-read the damn thing this weekend!

I have a problem of my own, I saw some flash at the shop I first got tattooed at recently and remembered I didn't know whose flash my first tattoo was based off of. I asked at the shop, but they didn't know, which is annoying. I tried looking, I'm pretty sure it's by someone from Kansas City, but hopefully y'all will know better than I.