Decision Process

Hogrider

I used to plan out what I wanted and bring in drawings or reference, anymore I just make sure I like a tattooers work enough to just give them a general idea and let them go with it. I realized that I had been so picky in the past that I lost out on getting some rad tattoos.

Almost every one I get, the thought comes out of no where and like days before I get it. I used to think about it, go over it in my head, over and over and over. And the end result in my head was always....over thought crap. Then it'd hit me, and I'd go get it. If something was kinda shitty about it, some aspect, the artist was always confident enough to tell me "...no...how about this?" and it worked out.

I've just learned if I think too much about it before, it's not happening. It's got to be something that is so perfect that no thought is needed. Like "Oh no shit, yeah that makes sense!"

Or just a total walk-in "Uuuummmm....THAT!" off the wall style. I love that, it's fun, the artist has fun, it's just fun. As long as I know the person behind the machine is solid, that's all I need to feel good about my choice.