Need opinions on artist selection

Wedge

I posted this on another site but thought I'd ask here, also.

I'm looking for opinions on which artist (or both) would be better suited to do an owl tattoo for me in a similar style to the tattoo picture I've attached below. I'm including the tattoo pic mainly for style reference and also including links to the two artist's (Oleg, Bez) galleries. Thanks for your time.

post-441-146168829048_thumb.jpg

( I really love this style of exaggerated realism with color)

Oleg's portfolio:

Oleg Turyanskiy : Tattoos : Page 1

Bez's portfolio:

Tattoos - Bez - Heart Tattoo

So, I want a realistic owl similar in style and color to the tattoo picture above and wondering if either Oleg or Bez would be better suited or if it really matters. They are obviously both amazing artists but with different styles and I'm not sure if it would really matter which one I should pursue. Both artists have expressed interest in doing the piece next fall, one at a convention and the other at a shop guest spot. Thoughts, please?

Lemme start by first stating that I think either artist could accomplish that style piece. Personally though, I'm leaning towards Oleg. Even though THIS tattoo by Bez has me second guessing my choice a little, I still would choose Oleg.

I can't tell if it's my blurry computer screen or whether there's almost a brush stroke like quality to the reference pic. Pretty cool either way.

Hey,

I looked at both artist's sites, it seems that Bez does more of the "exaggerated realism with color" style that you like. But it wouldn't hurt to meet and talk to both tattooers if you can. You might click with one and not the other, or one might have a lot more enthusiasm regarding doing your tattoo. You will be with the person for a few hours, and if you like both of their work, you might want to go with the artist with whom you'd have an overall better experience.

Hey,

I looked at both artist's sites, it seems that Bez does more of the "exaggerated realism with color" style that you like. But it wouldn't hurt to meet and talk to both tattooers if you can. You might click with one and not the other, or one might have a lot more enthusiasm regarding doing your tattoo. You will be with the person for a few hours, and if you like both of their work, you might want to go with the artist with whom you'd have an overall better experience.

Very true Dari regarding the personal connection.

Seeing as they're both traveling to your area though and you can't just go to Russia or the UK to talk to them, it may be a better bet just to go with whichever artist you can get a confirmed appointment with first. I highly doubt you'd go wrong with either one of them judging by their portfolios.

Thanks for the feedback, folks. I appreciate you looking throuth the portfolios. I figure I really can't go wrong with either artist and it may even come down to if I want to get it done at a convention (never done this before) or at a shop. I tend to think Bez's style is more suited but I'm sure Oleg could kill this, also. Anybody have much experience getting work at a convention?

And Jake, interesting comment about the "brush stroke quality". I agree but just wasn't sure how to describe it. All I could think of was "exaggerated realsim with color" in my not so technical terms.