Well, hey there.

tacitapproval

Hey, everyone. I've been lurking around the forum here for about 6 months or so after falling down the rabbit hole watching all of the artist interviews on the site. Figured it was about time to start getting involved in the conversation.

I've only really been getting tattooed since April of 2012. On top of that, I've come to it a bit later than a lot of people at 32. Started off getting a pretty questionably rendered sparrow followed by a skull that was flash the shop owner just googled and lifted from some other tattooer.

I still feel pretty shitty about that second one, but I've since learned better.

Lately I've been getting tattooed by a couple of guys at Fun City in New York, and have been happier with the outcomes (and am inching closer to filling up my right arm). That said, I really want to learn more and get a better handle on the tattooers who are out there and the quality work that's getting done. New York is full of really solid tattooers, and I'm sure I don't know of even a fraction of them.

Looking forward to learning a lot and contributing something as well.

I posted pictures of what I have so far in my gallery. They are all unhealed shots though, since my iphone camera is broken I only have the pictures taken right after getting tattooed.

Aaaaaaand there's my wall of text intro.

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone.

@gougetheeyes thanks, man. John's been awesome. Pete, too. There's another tattooer, Mina Aoki, at the same shop who is doing some pretty slick stuff. I think she apprenticed there as well and is pretty early on in her career. I'm considering getting a lady head from her in the near future. Although the temptation to just drop all of the money I have at Smith Street is also pretty strong as well.

I just took a look at your gallery. That UFO/eyeball/earth is fantastic. Cool little spooky thing with a sense of humor. I really dig that one.

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone.

@gougetheeyes thanks, man. John's been awesome. Pete, too. There's another tattooer, Mina Aoki, at the same shop who is doing some pretty slick stuff. I think she apprenticed there as well and is pretty early on in her career. I'm considering getting a lady head from her in the near future. Although the temptation to just drop all of the money I have at Smith Street is also pretty strong as well.

I just took a look at your gallery. That UFO/eyeball/earth is fantastic. Cool little spooky thing with a sense of humor. I really dig that one.

Never met anyone over at Fun City but I do remember Mina Aoki's stuff from when she was just starting out on the Devil City Press blog. And thanks, the UFO is from Nash who's over at Hand of Glory and Thicker Than Water.