Pendletons

MGblues

I love these shirts. I have 2 other ones (the board shirts that double as light jackets) that I've had for at least 10 years. I finally broke down and ordered a new one. $100.00 shipped?!?

I don't remember them costing THAT much way back when, but, i guess any article of clothing that lasts 10 years or more is probably worth it.

I have a Woolrich Woolen Mills one that is heavier more like a lumberjack look and blanket thickness perfect for walking the dog in the snow and shit . Were I in the U.S I would be all over the OG throwbacks by Greenspans/Pendleton collab reproductions of 50's , 60's and 80's styles and colours -

http://www.greenspans.com/shop/pendelton/throwback.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=28

I have a 'premium' line Woolrich shirt with mother of pearl buttons and really heavy wool. Bought it in Tokyo for about $200, but it has the feel of a really high quality product. Other than that I just have some regular Pendleton board shirts, but I admit to sometimes waiting until a sale is on to buy 'em. Why not - it's not like they change from season to season!

The run-of-the-mill Woolrich and Pendletons are supposed to have taken a slight nose-dive in quality over the past number of years, but I still think they are decent value for woolen shirts. I don't mind wearing cotton shirts with a suit and tie for work, but if you want a shirt to wear casually (like a Pendleton board shirt) I think wool is the way to go: Warmer, more hygenic etc. I reckon with hoodies, zip-up tops it's the same, it's worth investing in wool.

I like those Greenspans / Pendleton collabs but I think I'd like to pick them in person rather than chance buying online.... Maybe if I ever make it to the West coast.

My favorite pendelton just developed a rip in the sleeve. I have never bought a new pendleton, always got them second hand, ebay, hand me down and have never bought one that wasn't made in America.

There is a Pendleton Store in the Airport here, they have everything, but yeah it's like 115 for a shirt, but as they discontinue a pattern they get marked down to 85. I am debating buying a new one, but going to see what I can find second hand.

great call on this topic. an awsome brand. deepfried, i hear you, the days of good thrift finds are becoming fewer and fewer. but the couple of flannels ive still got (for 5 or under), ive noticed pendleton re-issuing for like $100 or more now.

david, time to break out the thread and needle, man, before that rip becomes too big.

kyle, i love woolen mills too. unfortunantly, they, like lee101 and carhartt wip, and a lot of the "heritage" side labels, seem to sell most of their shit in europe for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

david, you ever hit up the woodlands shop, think its near chinatown? that spot is cool for a lot of the rugged wear shit. really pricey though.

@David Flores Since i live in the middle of Nowheresville, Tennessee, I can forget finding 'em hand me down, or second hand. Never dawned on me to try e-bay.

There is a shit ton, I almost won a pretty cool tartan plaid vintage one just now, but lost track of time and got outbid.

@YOMONEY I know the place and yeah too much good stuff, got to stay out of there.

Well, if it isn't fixed yet by the next time I'm there I'll definitely take a look at it for you.

But really, there are a whole bunch of people that <3 wool there... I'm sure someone can take care of it.

Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene in June and Clackamas Flock and Fiber Fest (May?) would be excellent bets if you don't find someone sooner.

Well, if it isn't fixed yet by the next time I'm there I'll definitely take a look at it for you.

But really, there are a whole bunch of people that <3 wool there... I'm sure someone can take care of it.

Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene in June and Clackamas Flock and Fiber Fest (May?) would be excellent bets if you don't find someone sooner.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have asked a couple friends suggestions, but really have just been to lazy to seek out getting fixed, which is silly cause this is the weather I should be wearing Pendletons in.

you could probably even do a pretty sick at home job. im all about doing this, and im nowhere near a seamster. i also think it adds character to the clothing, just as long as the rip/tear/hole isnt too massive.

- - - Updated - - -

@David Flores Since i live in the middle of Nowheresville, Tennessee, I can forget finding 'em hand me down, or second hand. Never dawned on me to try e-bay.

damn, whats the workwear/western scene looking like out there at the 2nd hand spots? seems like it would be pretty spot-on with not a lot of competition. when i moved to new mexico it was on point, and nobody was really thrifting, but i think too many hipsters moved in.

you could probably even do a pretty sick at home job. im all about doing this, and im nowhere near a seamster. i also think it adds character to the clothing, just as long as the rip/tear/hole isnt too massive.

- - - Updated - - -

damn, whats the workwear/western scene looking like out there at the 2nd hand spots? seems like it would be pretty spot-on with not a lot of competition. when i moved to new mexico it was on point, and nobody was really thrifting, but i think too many hipsters moved in.

You do find some good stuff and people do wear it more, but now that people know what's what you have to buy stuff at vintage stores instead of thrift stores, which is obviously a lot more expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Carrhartt is the flavor where I live, and I've got one that I wear when it's cold enough...Maybe I should check the thrift stores more!

Used to be able to pick up Pendletons at the thrift store for like $5-15 bucks. Those days are long gone, but I still have at least three in my closet. What I like most is the square cut bottoms. The only downside of Pendletons is a) moth holes b) itchy (though not as bad as most wool).

I know a place that I can still get Pendletons for $15 to $20. I think they look great, but it is not exactly my style. Maybe I should start picking them up to ship out to LST members.

What was in the pocket?!?! I'm dying of curiosity!!

It wasn't much, really, a tiny safety pin, and a deposit slip from the Sterling Savings Association (We Appreciate Your Business!!!)

dated Dec 14, 1989, in the amount of $107.50. (brought this persons balance up to a whopping $163.20!!!)

I put it back in the pocket, and there it shall stay. I like having the former owner's mojo/karma, whatever you want to call it, traveling around with me.

Besides, the jacket is comfy.

It wasn't much, really, a tiny safety pin, and a deposit slip from the Sterling Savings Association (We Appreciate Your Business!!!)

dated Dec 14, 1989, in the amount of $107.50. (brought this persons balance up to a whopping $163.20!!!)

I put it back in the pocket, and there it shall stay. I like having the former owner's mojo/karma, whatever you want to call it, traveling around with me.

Besides, the jacket is comfy.

When i bought the ripped shirt I have, had a ticket stub from the movie Cast Away (2001) , maybe if I left it in there it wouldn't have ripped.