Video Game Thread

Brock Varty

paragon 300 on hardcore or regular? Either way, that's nuts

I liked Witcher 1 and 2 a lot but yea they were a bit slow in spots.

I am about to start the Vanishing of Ethan Carter it is supposed to be an excellent Lovecraftesq game

• 1 month later...

Got Destiny free for PS3 when I upgraded my mobile phone . Didn't like it, not my kind of game, it's sitting there gathering dust, literally can't give the fucking game away.

Not done any gaming in a while, my poor Monk in Diablo III will think I don't love him anymore lol

• 4 weeks later...

I've had Destiny sitting around since I got my PS3, and I still haven't played it. I don't know why. Then again, I'm drowning in stuff I need to finish (Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity, GTA V, Bloodborne), but I'm still just sitting around playing more Binding of Isaac: Rebirth at night. Go figure.

In other gaming news, PAX SOON PAX SOON YEAH PAX

• 3 weeks later...

I'm playing a lot of ESO on the ps4 at the moment... but my friend who I was enjoying adventuring with had some personal stuff so had too much to do to play for a few weeks, and now the phasing of the game is different between us so we can't play online together. Meh. Trying to resist playing much until he catches up but it's hard! I'm not at all a "gamer" (leave that to my husband) but I'm really enjoying ESO. Much like I did Skyrim. Apparently open world quests and choose your own adventure type things work for me!

Januari 2014 I switched to PC to get my fix...Before that I've had all Playstations and was mostly busy with racing games. All of them which could be played with a wheel (Logitech DFP)

Also was a fan of the Assasins Creed and Uncharted series but then the steering wheel misery started.

Logitech was no longer the main brand for Playstation and my costly hardware wasn't usable anymore :(

Made the switch to PC and Assetto Corsa and wow, mindblown....Still the only "game" on my PC, clocked 750+ hours already and going up fast.

Internally I heard screams for for immersion so emptied my wallet (again) and got me a motion seat (really awesome)

This is how I spend most of my free time :)

th_Motion_zpsahrhmzsm.mp4

Januari 2014 I switched to PC to get my fix...Before that I've had all Playstations and was mostly busy with racing games. All of them which could be played with a wheel (Logitech DFP)

Also was a fan of the Assasins Creed and Uncharted series but then the steering wheel misery started.

Logitech was no longer the main brand for Playstation and my costly hardware wasn't usable anymore :(

Made the switch to PC and Assetto Corsa and wow, mindblown....Still the only "game" on my PC, clocked 750+ hours already and going up fast.

Internally I heard screams for for immersion so emptied my wallet (again) and got me a motion seat (really awesome)

This is how I spend most of my free time :)

th_Motion_zpsahrhmzsm.mp4

Wow awesome!. Mm you look like the kinda guy that also likes space. Have u heard of star citizen?

Wow awesome!. Mm you look like the kinda guy that also likes space. Have u heard of star citizen?

Srry, I don't have anything with space....But I know what your are talking about ;)

A couple of my "motion-buddies" are playing it, in a motion rig and Oculus Rift and I must say it does look (and must feel) awesome.!

I will get one of those for sure when the consumer version hits the market.

1st game I will buy then would be No Limits Rollercoaster :D

My husband is also anxiously awaiting the Rift. He almost bought the dev kit a couple years ago and now it has been so delayed he wishes he had.

I was in the same boat...Some games support the DK2 pretty good but my sim doesn't, only reason I didn't buy it ;)

I really think that's the future, especially for racing and/or flight sims/games.

• 4 weeks later...

I play with the Oculus every time I go to PAX, and it has gotten better and better every single time. This last PAX it felt like basically a polished product. I'm pretty excited.

All three VR sets are supposed to be out next year, though. We are fast closing in on release!

Took a stab at the Star Wars Battlefront open beta. I'm not sold. It's okay, but needs more work IMO.

I'm sold, but I agree that it needs work. The balancing on Hoth wasn't great (I know the rebs had it bad in the canon, but this is a game!), there were some weird things with the party creation, the spawning locations were SERIOUSLY borked....

.......but I still have like 15 hours just in the beta, so I guess that means I enjoyed it, haha.

The sound design is fantastic, at least.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...