Video Game Thread

Brock Varty

I play BLOPS 2 on Xbox when I can. I don't have a bunch of time so it is kinda spotty. I am really digging it though. I come from way back with CoD. Been playing since CoD 2. I feel like BLOPS 2 is really close to the level of awesome that CoD 4 was. I used to compete in a semi-professional manner and find it really hard to only care about gaming a little bit. When I play, I get super intense and want to keep winning...so in that sense I have to limit my time with planned interruptions. Otherwise, I will just play all day and not even realize until I wasted my entire day and didn't do anything I should.

I would love to play something on Xbox with you guys...add me on Xbox and just message me with "LST" in the message.

I haven't played anything new for like 5 years. My favorite game was morrowind. Wish I still had my old Xbox, had like 350 hours on one character alone. So many days of ditching school and going exploring in that game.

To that effect...I know people with a thousand or more hours into a WoW profile, that they can sometimes sell for a couple thousand dollars.

I want to add up my lifetime in-game time on the CoD series. I think I have roughly 600,000 kills and probably about 700 or 800 hours over the last 7 years.

• 1 month later...
I downloaded the new map pack for Black Ops 2 last night. I'm a little bummed I wont have time to play until Saturday night.

I'm curious to hear what you think of the new map pack. I'm debating getting it. I just picked up MLB '13 and I'm slowly working through Bioshock: Infinite.

Just finished Bioshock Infinite- so good! The plot twists seemed to be like neverending though, to the point where it became a little expected... However, the ending was "interesting" and enjoyed some ties to the previous games.

Not sure if any one mentioned it, but the new Tomb Raider (origins) game is unreal. Definitely worth a go if you're on the fence.

Also, has any one tried out Defiance (syfy tv show companion)? I waited until the pilot to see if it would be worth getting into the game for the extra content and related missions. However, the pilot on Monday sucked ass IMO so I'm not bothering with it. Wanted to see if any one else checked it out--it's a promising concept for the future, but would be better with a better, more developed TV show (like BSG).

Just to let you guys know....DO NOT buy Walking Dead: Survival Instincts....Worst purchase of my life, and I have bought some pretty terrible stuff before. The story is practically non-existant and the game mechanics are blocky.

Shitty. I heard bad things about the game. Blizz just threw something together to make a few more bucks off the name. The iOS game is amazing, though.

• 4 months later...