Video Game Thread

Brock Varty

• 2 weeks later...

Well, first off we finally landed a PS4 in December. Secondly, I am so in love with Black Flag. I think it's the best of the franchise so far. Maybe it's just me but I get more of the open world feel with this game and it feels as if there is an exponential amount of extra shit to do compared to the other games.

Also, I just downloaded Steam so I can try out Dota 2. I've never been a big PC (well, Mac) gamer so we'll see how this goes... Also thinking about trying LOTR online. And the game that led me to all this madness was Gone Home, which I want to get as soon as my paycheck gets deposited ;)

A good friend of mine is slowly getting a traditional Fallout sleeve ,so far he only has the fallout boy but has an appointment soon for Primm slim(the sheriff robot) and I think he wants a Rad scorpion and the nuka cola bottle cap. He's still figuring out the rest but it will be awesome. This probably makes no sense to someone who hasn't played it.

A good friend of mine is slowly getting a traditional Fallout sleeve ,so far he only has the fallout boy but has an appointment soon for Primm slim(the sheriff robot) and I think he wants a Rad scorpion and the nuka cola bottle cap. He's still figuring out the rest but it will be awesome. This probably makes no sense to someone who hasn't played it.

Recently started playing Fallout 3 thanks to the recommendation of some of the fine folks from here. Only have about 15 hours into the game but I really enjoy it so far. Very much worth the $15 I payed for it on sale on the XBox online games service.

Also, got back intio Age of Empires 2 on PC. Anyone play that at all? I am a huge RTS geek....

Age of Empires will always be one of my favorite older computer games from my childhood. I cant tell you the countless hours i've spent playing it.

Have you tried The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?

I have not played that actually. I know it is very very good. I just don't have the time to dedicate to playing that and Fallout at the same tiome. When I am done with Fallout, I may purchase Skyrim though. :)

Haha yeah, the sex scenes in the Witcher 2 are so stiff and awkward.

Just found out they ported Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to iPad/iPhone. Did anyone else play that game back when it came out? Don't really play games on the iPad but got it for the nostalgia. Turns out wreaking havoc with the powers of the dark side is just as fun now as it was 10 years ago.

Haha yeah, the sex scenes in the Witcher 2 are so stiff and awkward.

Just found out they ported Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to iPad/iPhone. Did anyone else play that game back when it came out? Don't really play games on the iPad but got it for the nostalgia. Turns out wreaking havoc with the powers of the dark side is just as fun now as it was 10 years ago.

That's funny, I was just looking at the Old Republic for Mac the other day. Would be curious to see if anyone has tried it out?

• 1 month later...

Love TES games, especially Skyrim. Bioshock 1 & 2 are awesome, have been meaning to buy Bioshock Infinite but need all my money for my upcoming tattoo at the moment. Loved Half-Life 2, heaps of fun, also Portal 1 & 2. Just finished Dishonored recently in the path of shadow, will run through it again taking the path of blood when I can, being employed really cuts into your gaming time.

Infamous: Second Son is so much stupid fun! My husband is playing good and I'm playing eeeevil *muahaha* :)

I have mixed feelings about Thief. I can't put my finger on what I dislike about it, but it's been collecting dust under my ps4 for a month now... Has anyone else tried it?

- - - Updated - - -

Not as good as the first, but still, solid from end to end.

So true. I think seeing the whole story/world come full circle was worth it.

Bioshock Infinite is worth every penny, great game. I enjoyed it as much as I did the first.

I'm planning on picking up Infamous, if not just because it is set where I live. Unfortunatly, I need to wait for my next paycheck! Haven't tried Theif, the reviews were mixed so I haven't bought it yet. Maybe once the price drops.

Honestly, all these games are just filler for me until Elder Scrolls Online comes out.

I'm a PC gamer- no X box or anything. I'll grab B:I on my next payweek :o

I love Elder Scrolls but like solo gaming- not sure if it's worth the monthly subscription if I have to meet up with others online to play for a guild or something, shift work and time diffence would make that impossible

I'm a PC gamer- no X box or anything. I'll grab B:I on my next payweek :o

I love Elder Scrolls but like solo gaming- not sure if it's worth the monthly subscription if I have to meet up with others online to play for a guild or something, shift work and time diffence would make that impossible

The more I've been reading up on ESO, it sounds like you can play the game solo, should you wish. I believe it can play like a basic RPG (just way more epic of course lol)