Perseverance - Japanese Tattoo Tradition in the Modern World

beez

I was just at JANM, where they were photographing some Chris Brand back pieces. Everyone should get excited about this come next Spring. Plan your vacations and book your tickets now if you live outside of LA. This is going to be cool.

I was first this morning do didn't get to see anyone else get photographed. Taki is a cool guy and we spoke for a bit and from what I gathered from him this is going to be an awesome exhibit.

• 4 months later...
I hope they make the exhibition catalog available to the public online/mail. Otherwise I would ask a big favor of anyone attending to help me grab a copy. I saw what look like a sneak preview of it on FB and it appears to be a bound hardcopy:

68390_601510099926606_1575311803_n.jpg

I got your back... Hit me up when it's closer to the event....

I hope they make the exhibition catalog available to the public online/mail. Otherwise I would ask a big favor of anyone attending to help me grab a copy. I saw what look like a sneak preview of it on FB and it appears to be a bound hardcopy:

68390_601510099926606_1575311803_n.jpg

Chaz Bojorequez lantern!!! The Master! So good.

These previews are looking too good. Can't wait to see this!

Perseverance Preview:

Luke Stewart:

Jeff Gogue:

- - - Updated - - -

Brian Kaneko:

Chaz Bojorquez:

- - - Updated - - -

Brian Kaneko:

Chaz Bojorquez:

- - - Updated - - -

Ergh. I give up posting these last two. Tomorrow perhaps.

• 3 weeks later...

@cvportagee, sorry to hear you won't be able to make it. it would have been cool to meet up. Also it would have been cool to spy your latest and greatest too. I will definitely give a full reporting to everyone when I go. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

@DJDeepFried and I can't go to the opening as we are not Museum members, but we will probably go on the 8th...

If I go on the 8th, we'll likely cross paths. It'd be cool to meet others too.

@cvportagee, sorry to hear you won't be able to make it. it would have been cool to meet up. Also it would have been cool to spy your latest and greatest too. I will definitely give a full reporting to everyone when I go. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

I would definitely be there if I wasn't in a wedding. I was looking forward to seeing you and other LST members there. Next time we meet up I will have a lot of progress to show you due to the fact that I have had two appointments with Jill and two with Horitomo over the last 5 weeks and another with Horitomo this weekend. I am not posting any of it until either Jill or Horitomo post it first or it is completely finished. Have a great time at the opening and I can't wait to see your monmon cats in person.

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized I'm getting a tattoo that day (the 8th)! D'oh. Hadn't looked at the calendar for March in a while. Just been focusing on my upcoming Feb 22nd appointment. Can't really cancel a tattoo to go to a tattoo art show. @DJDeepFried will probably still go though, I might be able to go after.

I just realized I'm getting a tattoo that day (the 8th)! D'oh. Hadn't looked at the calendar for March in a while. Just been focusing on my upcoming Feb 22nd appointment. Can't really cancel a tattoo to go to a tattoo art show. @DJDeepFried will probably still go though, I might be able to go after.

Oof, that's a shame. But getting tattooed def trumps looking at a tattoo. If you are able to make it later, cool. Or if @DJDeepFried attends, it'd be great to meet you both. This doesn't help at all, but look for the long haired pudgy Asian with glasses and black and grey tattoos. Needle in a hay stack.

Oof, that's a shame. But getting tattooed def trumps looking at a tattoo. If you are able to make it later, cool. Or if @DJDeepFried attends, it'd be great to meet you both. This doesn't help at all, but look for the long haired pudgy Asian with glasses and black and grey tattoos. Needle in a hay stack.

Ha, we'd love to meet you. He (or we) will be going up to everyone there, "Lance? Lance?" Wait, wasn't there supposed to be some type of code word for LST-ers to find each other in a crowd? I do have an LST t-shirt...

• 2 weeks later...