Perseverance - Japanese Tattoo Tradition in the Modern World

beez

Perseverance lectures are up!!!

Junii!

Jill Bonny! I mean Horiyuki! I mean Jill Mandelbaum I mean Jill Halpin!... ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT1KpJ2O1mU

Chris Brand! Horishiki!

And there are more too but I'll try posting them later if someone else doesn't get to it first.

A little bummed I can't watch these till I get home. They may not be safe for work viewing if you work with uptight folks.

Perseverance lectures are up!!! Junii!
Jill Bonny! I mean Horiyuki! I mean Jill Mandelbaum I mean Jill Halpin!... ;-) YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT1KpJ2O1mU Chris Brand! Horishiki!
And there are more too but I'll try posting them later if someone else doesn't get to it first. A little bummed I can't watch these till I get home. They may not be safe for work viewing if you work with uptight folks.

Wow and thanks so much, @Lance!

Can't wait to watch these.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Did anyone happen to go to the Chris Brand/Brian Kaneko lecture at the JANM yesterday (8/23)? @Lance, I'm looking at you. I couldn't quite rally myself to get down there, but I'm curious to know what was said.

I couldn't make it down myself either. I was busy running errands around town and missed out. I'm very curious about what it was about too. Was it just a bunch of guys shooting the shit or was there a format?

I talked to Brian at the Perseverance opening about getting tattooed by him while he's guesting in LA but couldn't follow up cos the money in the tattoo fund is already allocated for the next sesh on my arm. One tattoo at a time is the rule I made up for myself. I really wanted one of his beautiful white-tipped peonies and when I look on IG today what do you think I see? So jel.