A nice story!

peterpoose

Thought I would post this as I am sure you all have seen it a million times. Looks ace now :)

Scott Versago

http://www.facebook.com/versago

Quote,

I got to tackle the official "#1 worst portrait tattoo in the world" today. I'm sure you've all seen it a million times online, as had I. I couldn't believe my eyes when this guy walked in and showed me this project. I think my jaw literally hit the floor. He went on to tell me the story behind the portrait; He had just married his beautiful wife and not even three months afterwards she was killed in a horrible house fire accident leaving him to raise their three children alone. Shortly after he went to a local tattoo studio to memorialize his wife and was left with this abomination. He later returned to that studio for one more session, thinking that perhaps "he had done something wrong in the healing of the tattoo" and they butchered it even more the second time. Finally, he drove all the way to my studio, Empire Ink, just to meet me and to see what his options were. Touched by his story, I gifted the entire project to him for free. Now he has closure and I have an amazing story to add to my portfolio!

35hmnt4.jpg

The place that did that to that guy is my "local shop." Now you understand why I drive to Cincinnati.

OUCH!!!

Yeah, I can totally see that! We've got a new scratcher operating up here, I'm not sure if he's opening a shop or just working out of his kitchen. I've seen three girls that have been mutilated by this assklown, absolutey lousy script-work on the chests. Guy doesn't even have the decency to practice on something that isn't out in the open.

Now thats a nice story. I've seen this one before.

Great to see this tattoo fixed especially after hearing the story behind it.

The original tattoo is a mess. But even good a good tattoo dosn't always capture the smile. Scott has absolutlely nailed it.

I'm always conflicted on stories like this. On one hand, nobody likes to see someone get an abomination like that on their body. On the other hand, how much thought went into this before he ran out and got the tattoo? He probably spent more time deciding what shirt to wear the day he got the tattoo than he did on who would put the tattoo on his body that he could potentially have to wear for life.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...