where did the tattooers go?

Remember the saying " It's a black thing, you wouldn't understand"?

i think that may be part of the issue in a mixed forum.

So, i'm going to use that metaphorically.

in a mixed forum, people can talk about cultural and political issues,personal musical and literary tastes and all contribute and all gain from the experience--- but as soon as one person starts talking about bigotry that they, as a black person- have encountered, or have a question about hair relaxer, a division occurs.

I think many non-tattooers , certainly can empathize with tattooers about an issue specific to them--- just like many tattooers can still relate to non- tattooers in matters of , let's say design,artist shop choice etc. But when you get to a certain point that division can occur.

Just my thought on what may be going on.

I'm kind of new here too, so I'm not too sure how it used to be in the past.

But I have been tattooing for over 18 years, and find this site to be very interesting and educational on many levels.

As some said already, I try and only post things that might be of interest to other people, and constructive.

Every social media or forum will always have lurkers, however this site is definitely much more serious then others, and as I recommend this to other artists too, we can only hope it will remain professional and constructive, at least the majority of it.

things such as the artists interviews will definitely keep this place a more artist friendly site, I can't see too many people enjoy those kind of things, or discussions much, unless they are truly a part of the family, or fellow artists.

Either way, at least in my opinion, if we can keep ignoring useless posts, and stick to what's more important, constructive, educational, or just plain ol' good tattoo or shop talk...etc. then I believe the other will die out on it's own with time...after all, they have much better forums as such to go to, if that's what they are looking for.