Art Tattoo Montreal 2013

Having a last minute project, trying to find an artist I like for it. *White Rabbit running screaming I'M LATE! I'M LATE!!!*

Hopefully I'll get a positive answer. Olivier Glamort having a cancellation on saturday is by best chance I guess. Send a e-mail to Dimitri Hk.

Erf... I'll see what I can do when I'll get there. Otherwise I'll do it next year, being prepared sooner.

Edit: Oh well god damnit, I was able to pay 200$ for this. (Really not a big tattoo but I understand that they have to make a bit of money too) But Dimitri only accept project of at least 400$. I have my sleeve in the process so i'm a bit low on the money I can spend... damn.

I'll do it next year.

Is there a group meeting at the convention or will we see each others only at the restaurant in the evening?

P.S.: How would I know which table is it? Probably a dumb question... lol :P Forget it

I need to organise this and make a reservation...I was out of town last weekend so I haven't had a chance to do that yet, but I'm going to get to that. Oh hell, let's do that now.

Saturday evening poutine at Poutineville, let's say at 8pm unless anybody has any objections/tattoo appointments/etc. Who is in, are you bringing your partners, friends, etc? Reply here.

I need to organise this and make a reservation...I was out of town last weekend so I haven't had a chance to do that yet, but I'm going to get to that. Oh hell, let's do that now.

Saturday evening poutine at Poutineville, let's say at 8pm unless anybody has any objections/tattoo appointments/etc. Who is in, are you bringing your partners, friends, etc? Reply here.

I'm in, but unfortunately my wife can't make it.

Need to ask my girlfriend if she is cool with eating poutine with tattooed people from the world wide web, but I think she'll be okay with it. I'll confirm later today.

Edit: Count me and my girlfriend in! See you on Saturday!

This weekend is going to be rad!

So for poutine on Saturday so far we have myself, @Pugilist, @Mark Bee, @BrianH and his strangely tolerant girlfriend, @Mushu, and hopefully a real-life friend of mine who will have just gotten his first tattoo. Anybody else? @mtlsam @Dennis? I'll make the reservation tomorrow.

This is probably not a lot of people for a 15 pound poutine so I feel that this is going to be a dangerous meeting!

This weekend is going to be rad!

So for poutine on Saturday so far we have myself, @Pugilist, @Mark Bee, @BrianH and his strangely tolerant girlfriend, @Mushu, and hopefully a real-life friend of mine who will have just gotten his first tattoo. Anybody else? @mtlsam @Dennis? I'll make the reservation tomorrow.

This is probably not a lot of people for a 15 pound poutine so I feel that this is going to be a dangerous meeting!

Take lots of pics of you guys eating the poutine! I have never had any, so I need to live vicariously. Then, some pics of the tattoos, yeah that goes without saying.

I just wanted to say that meeting up with everyone was super nice last night! I often find internet meet-ups kind of awkward, but not with this bunch. Very friendly, personable folks, plus with tattoos as a common area of interest, lots to talk about. Hope you all have a good last day at the convention and a chill trip home!

I just wanted to say that meeting up with everyone was super nice last night! I often find internet meet-ups kind of awkward, but not with this bunch. Very friendly, personable folks, plus with tattoos as a common area of interest, lots to talk about. Hope you all have a good last day at the convention and a chill trip home!

I too want to weigh in on this. I had the great pleasure of meeting @Graeme , @Pugilist , @Mushu @BrianH and his wonderful partner, at Poutineville in Montreal last night after a busy day at the convention. Internet meet-ups can definitely be awkward, but these folks were amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all of you and hope we will meet again in the future. You couldn't ask for a more friendly, more interesting, and pleasant group of people. My only regret is that I have poor hearing and I was having a very hard time hearing parts of the conversation. I had to constantly ask people to repeat themselves. I'm sorry about that.

It occurs to me now that we should have taken a group picture to post here!

Anyway, this was my first convention and I am now certain there will be many more to come. Montreal for certain - it's one of the loveliest cities in the world, and the convention was top-notch.

*fixed.

Oh man, I didn't know you had hearing trouble, @Mark Bee - next time we will pick a quieter place to hang out!

It was also great to meet @Mushu, who joined us for poutine, @mtlsam, who joined us for beer, and @Dennis and his totally charming girlfriend, who surpassed us all in enthusiasm and stamina by spending seemingly every waking hour at the convention. It was way more fun to navigate the chaos of a tattoo convention feeling like we knew people!