Outline bubbling and bleeding 3 months after it was done.

10PieceNuggets

My Japanese sleeve's outline was done 3 months ago. It healed fine. About a week and a half ago I noticed one line on my koi fish was bubbling and scabbing now its spread to the outline that was done 3 months ago, atleast that part of the outline. I finished that part of the outline maybe in September, and finished the entire outline Dec. The outline that was done in November is the one affected, the Dec is not. Basically its bubbling and scabbing, and if I scratch the bubble, it will bleed an scab.

Quick google search brought me to a site and said its my body rejecting the ink, but will pass.

Anyone deal with this?

Not my Japanese artist but I visited my regular tattoo artist today and he said it may be due to the markers he used. Dont know why it would take so long for it to react, but he said just take benadryl at night and ice it. Should go away.

It's your skin...but if it was me, and I was worried enough to ask a forum about advice, I would go see a doctor no matter what another tattooer told you. Talk to the artist that did the work...asking another tattooer will not help anything.

I have also run into an issue with my tattoos being raised and the skin being aggravated where my artist used sharpie markers. I have been working on a full sleeve and consistently within the outline anywhere he used sharpie to draw on me, the tattoo healed under a raised, shiny layer of skin. these parts itch (some spots worse than others, depending on the location) and flake constantly, even two months after the fact.

I talked with my artist and we decided to let my arm heal for a couple more weeks since I had been getting tattooed weekly. now with my next appointment coming up I can see that the raised outlines aren't getting any better or worse. I mentioned last session that I would give the benadryl a try and tonight is my first shot at that.

I don't think I have a major problem and it seems to be a common one, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with something that cleared this up. Tattooing over the same areas with water, benadryl, special creams, anything?

here is a shot of the outline area, not all areas are this red but you can see that shiny skin: http://oi45.tinypic.com/2uzywxs.jpg

I get raised, patchy areas sometimes months following a new tattoo in the areas where I had thick scabs. I have sensitive skin and know that it just takes time for it to all settle in just right.

BUT if your scabbed and bleeding weeks afterward I'd suspect there's something going on.

Maybe you're scratching it in your sleep. Hah.

Seriously though, go to a doctor.

This is exactly what mine looks like.

It hasnt gotten better or worse either. I think its spreading a tiny but but nothing crazy. I will try benadryl soon as well.

?I tried benadryl for 3 nights with no improvement. Seeing my artist in a few days and see what he says.

How bubbly is it now? If you still have a lot of discomfort, see a doctor or dermatologist.

Rob

Honestly I haven't had much discomfort, just rough and flaking raised outlines where the sharpie was used throughout the entire arm. None of the outline is or has been bleeding. I am seeing my artist tomorrow. If he doesnt have any ideas ill schedule a derm appointment.

To update my artist tattooed over a line as a test and now after almost a week of healing the line is laying flat and not irritated anymore. When the line was tattooed it bled and released the nasty sharpie-ness that was fucking with my skin.

• 1 month later...