MMA thread

alexenglish

I'm not sure if we have any MMA fans here, but the recent WEC 53 had me screaming at the top of my lungs and waking everyone up. The ninja kick heard around the world.

Before any of you have any doubts, the gif is not from a movie. lol.

I've always wanted to be able to do that! My sister Tammy and other family and friends usually get together to watch the big UFC fights and eat a lot of food. Enjoyed seeing Koscheck get worked last weekend by GSP.

Hey steve, what is your friends name? That wasn't the only fight that was exciting. Correct me if I'm wrong 7 out of 10 fights for this card never made it past the end round. This is including the prelims. Sick ass card, wec went out with a bang can't wait to watch Pettis vs Maynard or Edgar. I hope pettis is working on his takedown defense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone see this or watch the fight?

Rich Franklin gets tattoo after losing bet to Forrest Griffin

My “Henna” Tattoo..Ok, nobody said it had to be REAL:-) Oh, and Forrest said he would pay for the removal so he owes me a bar of soap!

Rich Franklin Blog

Rich Franklin Tattoo Update: He Got a Henna Dragon

By Larry Brown February 23, 2011 - Posted in MMA

Rich Franklin and Forrest Griffin bet that the loser of their UFC 126 fight would have to get a tattoo. We figured it was all in good fun, until we learned last week that Franklin was actually going tattoo shopping on Friday. We commended him for living up to the bet, but now we have learned the whole story was just a hoax.

On Monday, Franklin posted pictures of his “tattoo” on his website.

Yup, he went out and got a gigantic henna dragon tattoo on his back. Two more pics:

Honestly, I would have done the exact same thing. Maybe there’s a reason this guy earned a master’s in math — he’s pretty crafty.

Larry Brown Website