Hello From Vancouver BC

vPooch

100% agree

i completely agree. that drawing looks like doo doo, man. not to mention, i would highly reconsider the forearm tattoo. even after i had several tattoos, i was very apprehensive about getting my forearm tattooed. that's coming from a dude in his mid 20's, not 16, and had been working for quite some time.

honestly, i don't think it's all that bad. someone has to start somewhere. but this dude should without a doubt, 100% heed peoples warnings. if you're 16, and someone older than you that has tattoos is trying to advise you do something opposite what you are planning to do, it's for a good reason. i am so god damn glad i didn't get tattooed at 16, 18, or even 20 or 21. i probably would've gotten the lamest shit, and went to bunk tattooers.

honestly, i don't think it's all that bad. someone has to start somewhere. but this dude should without a doubt, 100% heed peoples warnings. if you're 16, and someone older than you that has tattoos is trying to advise you do something opposite what you are planning to do, it's for a good reason. i am so god damn glad i didn't get tattooed at 16, 18, or even 20 or 21. i probably would've gotten the lamest shit, and went to bunk tattooers.

Thanks for the advice honestly I dont think the design is bad at all I really like it and the artist is changing alot of it all of the advice that has been given I have been thinking about and appreciate all of it

If you're sixteen you know better than somebody older than you because that's what being sixteen is all about.

I am not thrilled that teenagers come here now for opinions on their tattoo ideas. I really like this place and I don't want to see it go in this direction.

If they come here and ask for opinions, that shows that they're different from most 16-year-olds (whom you accurately describe in your other post). I like to think of LST as a place where people of all ages can get great advice. If they don't wanna follow it, then they're free to enjoy their shitty tattoo. (No shots)

Yeah I came here for advice that I will follow but I am still gunna get the tattoo I am going to get a smaller one and change the location I didn't want to cause anything by coming here I lurked for awhile and saw that people were giving other people great advice and I just wanted to see what advice you guys would give me. Again I reallly appreciate all of the input

If they come here and ask for opinions, that shows that they're different from most 16-year-olds (whom you accurately describe in your other post). I like to think of LST as a place where people of all ages can get great advice. If they don't wanna follow it, then they're free to enjoy their shitty tattoo. (No shots)

i agree. at least this dude is being proactive. hell, most people my age wouldn't even do what this young lad did, so i really dont think it's bad at all. like i said, everyone has to start somewhere. better to start out asking questions here before getting tattooed, rather than getting tattooed and asking people why it looks like shit.

Yeah I came here for advice that I will follow but I am still gunna get the tattoo I am going to get a smaller one and change the location I didn't want to cause anything by coming here I lurked for awhile and saw that people were giving other people great advice and I just wanted to see what advice you guys would give me. Again I reallly appreciate all of the input

I really hope you get the tattoo you want. Keep us updated on progress please!

You won't be sorry.

Your forearms will always be there for later if you decide 10-15 years from now that your eventual life emplyment will accomodate 'em.

And you don't necessarily need to go smaller. Just recommending that you don't put it in a spot where you HAVE to display it, yet.

i agree. at least this dude is being proactive. hell, most people my age wouldn't even do what this young lad did, so i really dont think it's bad at all. like i said, everyone has to start somewhere. better to start out asking questions here before getting tattooed, rather than getting tattooed and asking people why it looks like shit.

Fair points guys, I'm just cranky sometimes.

Appointment is booked for April 11th because the artist is booked til then the artwork he showed me is easily 10x better than what I had showed him it looks like a more traditional piece of Japanese art. I did not want to take a picture of it because I wasn't sure if that was a bad idea or not. I am SO STOKED though :D

Appointment is booked for April 11th because the artist is booked til then the artwork he showed me is easily 10x better than what I had showed him it looks like a more traditional piece of Japanese art. I did not want to take a picture of it because I wasn't sure if that was a bad idea or not. I am SO STOKED though :D

So glad for you! Be sure to post pictures when you get it done :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi vPooch,

I am an older gal (45) that just got her first tattoo a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to give you some advice about your appointment. I don't know the driving age where you are but try to have someone take you and pick you up. It's an exhausting yet exciting time for you and you will just want to breath when it's done. Take bottled water with you and drink it during your session. I had to lie down for mine and the water gave me little breaks and kept the dry mouth away. Try to eat a decent meal before you go so nerves don't get to your tummy. Listen very carefully to your artist when you are done so that you know how to take care of your tattoo when you get home. Try to get that care in writing if you can so that you don't have to remember exactly what he said. I wish you nothing but the best, you sound like a great kid with a solid head on your shoulders and I am proud of you for being brave about coming on here and being polite in regards to what these fine folks said to you. They only mean the best for you. Be safe and share your experience with us.

Ahh 17 more days until the big day any advice on how to kill time faster? :p or anything I should do maybe a week before the big day?

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Hi vPooch,

I am an older gal (45) that just got her first tattoo a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to give you some advice about your appointment. I don't know the driving age where you are but try to have someone take you and pick you up. It's an exhausting yet exciting time for you and you will just want to breath when it's done. Take bottled water with you and drink it during your session. I had to lie down for mine and the water gave me little breaks and kept the dry mouth away. Try to eat a decent meal before you go so nerves don't get to your tummy. Listen very carefully to your artist when you are done so that you know how to take care of your tattoo when you get home. Try to get that care in writing if you can so that you don't have to remember exactly what he said. I wish you nothing but the best, you sound like a great kid with a solid head on your shoulders and I am proud of you for being brave about coming on here and being polite in regards to what these fine folks said to you. They only mean the best for you. Be safe and share your experience with us.

Thanks A LOT for your advice first time I've hear "great kid with solid head on your shoulders" in awhile haha your reply along with the others are making me feel great about joining this forum thank you! I will definitely be posting my experience of getting it done along with pictures when it happens. By the way 14 days :D

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Hi vPooch,

Good advice.

@vPooch The only thing I would add is to not hesitate to say something if you are not 100% sure about placement or size or whatever. The tattooer should be more than happy to get it just right for you. Remember to tip as well. If you are happy with the experience, the tip can let your tattooer know; it is a service industry after all and they are providing you a service. Good luck with your tattoo and please share when it is done!

Yeah the first design I wasn't 100% sure about so I told him what needed to be changed and he changed it really fast. I will diffinitly be tipping he has made a lot of really helpful suggestions and gave me great advice on design and placement and I LOVE the design. Thank you and I will be posting pictures ASAP.

As Brock said, take your time in placement and design, as we all know, this is permanent and no do overs. When I went in for my own tattoo I hated the design and felt that the artist didn't listen to me at all. He opened the file I had left with him regarding what I wanted and said give me 30 minutes. I'm glad I did because I really love the outcome and in the end that's all that matters. 13 days & counting.

P.S. I ended up doubling the original tip I had in my mind because of the outcome. So yeah, tipping counts.

Yeah the first design I wasn't 100% sure about so I told him what needed to be changed and he changed it really fast. I will diffinitly be tipping he has made a lot of really helpful suggestions and gave me great advice on design and placement and I LOVE the design. Thank you and I will be posting pictures ASAP.