Hello From Vancouver BC

vPooch

@Mark Bee: a man after my own heart! @vPooch I literally obsess over tattoos. I stare at every tattoo I see (and people think I'm creepy...). I stare at my own tattoos! I flip through all tattoo art books I have. I hover outside of tattoo shops. So...perhaps I don't handle it very well, but I saturate my brain with everything tattoo! That waiting period is brutal sometimes! :)

- - - Updated - - -

@vPooch I just went through and read the thread from the beginning. I started getting tattooed when I was 17 (on a fake ID in NY! Oh, the days before 9/11 when you could literally walk into a shop and walk out with a fake ID without it being treason! oy vey!). I started small, and I'm really glad I did, because my tattoo aesthetic did not really round out for another...8 years or so? I'm still learning and refining to this day because there is so much great art out there!

Anyway - it's awesome that you're going with a cool Japanese piece and that the artist is stoked about it! That said, heed what the others are saying. There is a LOT that happens between 16 & 18, 18 & 20, 20 & 22, 22 -25....things start calming down a bit around 25, but your aesthetic, your life, your ideas - all are still forming and changing and a work in progress...just much less so than when you're in your late teens. (life is ALWAYS and FOREVER a work in progress...don't forget that!)

The main problem is that you'll discover more (and better) artists as the years go by...don't want to run out of room for them, do you?!?

Anyway - post the pic when you're done! I'm excited to see how it turns out! I'm also getting tattooed on the 11th (& 12th! super stoked!)...we can have picture day! :)

@Mark Bee: a man after my own heart! @vPooch I literally obsess over tattoos. I stare at every tattoo I see (and people think I'm creepy...). I stare at my own tattoos! I flip through all tattoo art books I have. I hover outside of tattoo shops. So...perhaps I don't handle it very well, but I saturate my brain with everything tattoo! That waiting period is brutal sometimes! :)

- - - Updated - - -

@vPooch I just went through and read the thread from the beginning. I started getting tattooed when I was 17 (on a fake ID in NY! Oh, the days before 9/11 when you could literally walk into a shop and walk out with a fake ID without it being treason! oy vey!). I started small, and I'm really glad I did, because my tattoo aesthetic did not really round out for another...8 years or so? I'm still learning and refining to this day because there is so much great art out there!

Anyway - it's awesome that you're going with a cool Japanese piece and that the artist is stoked about it! That said, heed what the others are saying. There is a LOT that happens between 16 & 18, 18 & 20, 20 & 22, 22 -25....things start calming down a bit around 25, but your aesthetic, your life, your ideas - all are still forming and changing and a work in progress...just much less so than when you're in your late teens. (life is ALWAYS and FOREVER a work in progress...don't forget that!)

The main problem is that you'll discover more (and better) artists as the years go by...don't want to run out of room for them, do you?!?

Anyway - post the pic when you're done! I'm excited to see how it turns out! I'm also getting tattooed on the 11th (& 12th! super stoked!)...we can have picture day! :)

Thanks for the advice and I'm definitely worried about running out of room already because i have been looking at some of the great artists people have been recommending on this site that I want to get work done by. I have also been taking in what the other people have been saying and having that on my mind. What are you getting on the 11th and 12th ? :D

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

@vPooch my artist is completing the pair of Karajishi that I started a few weeks ago - we were going to do both but ran out of time! I travel to see her, so we try to get as much done in one go round as possible. On the 12th (which is also my bday - holla!) I am not sure what we are doing! i know she has an idea of what's coming next, and I assume we'll talk about that when I come in on the 11th. Here's a pic I scraped from their instagram...hope the link works? Ack, the link seems to work but the image is so big! Sorry!

Anyway, that's what we did last time, and that's on my back. We started with peonies on my flank and are working our way up the body! The second karajishi is going to go on my front thigh. I will post pics!

?ui=2&ik=db1467782a&view=att&th=13dcbc05f0bffe12&attid=0.7&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-Xk6oYP9HAv7vLf54N6-Fq&sadet=1365094005819&sads=fKl7w3IbFq_IifRV-9DJ1P_VdNc

@vPooch my artist is completing the pair of Karajishi that I started a few weeks ago - we were going to do both but ran out of time! I travel to see her, so we try to get as much done in one go round as possible. On the 12th (which is also my bday - holla!) I am not sure what we are doing! i know she has an idea of what's coming next, and I assume we'll talk about that when I come in on the 11th. Here's a pic I scraped from their instagram...hope the link works? Ack, the link seems to work but the image is so big! Sorry!

Anyway, that's what we did last time, and that's on my back. We started with peonies on my flank and are working our way up the body! The second karajishi is going to go on my front thigh. I will post pics!

?ui=2&ik=db1467782a&view=att&th=13dcbc05f0bffe12&attid=0.7&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-Xk6oYP9HAv7vLf54N6-Fq&sadet=1365094005819&sads=fKl7w3IbFq_IifRV-9DJ1P_VdNc

The pic didnt work but it sounds sick! The artist said it will take him between 4 and 4 1/2 hours I hope I can make it through that long. How painful is the forearm to get tattooed I heard it isn't unbearable.

@vPooch pic work this time?

I seem to process pain differently from a lot of people - that said, no, the forearm is not particularly bad at all!

Remember to breathe while you are being tattooed, it helps a lot! I find that if you really concentrate on breathing deeply, filling your lungs from the bottom up, it helps center you, prepare your mind and body, and make it through the pain. The more it hurts, the more you should concentrate on your breathing. Literally breathe *through* the pain. This is my trick! I use it in all aspects of life. It absolutely helps.

You can make it through 4.5 hours! If you really want it it won't hurt nearly as badly as it might otherwise ;). The end result makes it all worth it.

@vPooch pic work this time?

I seem to process pain differently from a lot of people - that said, no, the forearm is not particularly bad at all!

Remember to breathe while you are being tattooed, it helps a lot! I find that if you really concentrate on breathing deeply, filling your lungs from the bottom up, it helps center you, prepare your mind and body, and make it through the pain. The more it hurts, the more you should concentrate on your breathing. Literally breathe *through* the pain. This is my trick! I use it in all aspects of life. It absolutely helps.

You can make it through 4.5 hours! If you really want it it won't hurt nearly as badly as it might otherwise ;). The end result makes it all worth it.

Yeah the pic worked and wow that looks really good! And thanks for the advice I will try that out. I have a bunch of piercings and can handle those pretty well

@vPooch As you learn more about Japanese tattoo you'll see that there are certain elements that traditionally go together, and Karajishi-Botan (the lion and the peony) is one of those combinations.

Click this link for a snippet of an interview between Crystal Morey and Horimasa about some of the dos and don'ts of traditional Japanese tattooing, and if it continues to interest you then get to researching, son! The article in full is interesting, as well - I think le google will help you find it. There is a lot of great info out there, it's up to you to find it! Hopefully this is a good (albeit tiny!) jumping off point.

@vPooch As you learn more about Japanese tattoo you'll see that there are certain elements that traditionally go together, and Karajishi-Botan (the lion and the peony) is one of those combinations.

Click this link for a snippet of an interview between Crystal Morey and Horimasa about some of the dos and don'ts of traditional Japanese tattooing, and if it continues to interest you then get to researching, son! The article in full is interesting, as well - I think le google will help you find it. There is a lot of great info out there, it's up to you to find it! Hopefully this is a good (albeit tiny!) jumping off point.

Yeah I LOVE the traditional Japanese artwork and the meanings behind it I plan on sticking to mostly Japanese tattoos. I will check the link after school

Here's an unshaded pic of just bottom of the forearm I sat for 5 hours and I'm not done the shading another 2 hours but I couldn't sit any longer. When I take the wrap off I will shower then show you guts whats been done :)

It takes time to heal, but it is so worth it in the end. So happy that you love it. Doesn't it feel good to finally say you've had the experience? How did you do during the session?

Yeah I agree its definitely worth it. And during the session I did good I could definitely feel it on the wrist and near the ditch and elbow everywhere else was good. Took only 3 breaks one being for lunch after the outline. The shading was the most pain haha after 5 hours he asked if I wanted to stop and I had to cause I couldn't take it anymore :p when its healed gunna go back for another 2 hours of shading but I dont think it'll be as bad. Hopefully :p