Mermaid Tattoos

Where are all the awesome Mermaid tattoos?! Such a classic sailor design I love seeing.

Here's mine....kinda. It's a spin on the Capricorn, but you get what I mean. Hillary Fisher-White is awesome.

wpBZa.jpg?1

So good! I remember seeing this on Instagram. I can't wait to see more mermaids and mermen! Bring it on, folks!

Ok, so here is a pic as promised. I wanted a very simple design - bare bones. Glennie and I agreed on this design inspired by the old tattooers of the Bowery in the early 20th century. Originally the mermaid was topless, but I quickly discovered that its position on my arm was too visible (I teach at a university) for my comfort level and two weeks later I had the clamshells added. I still feel like an unconscionable prude, but I did have to take my professional situation into account. The tattoo needs a few minor touch ups to clean it up and make it just the way I wanted. Also, I have never managed to take a pic of this tattoo that really does it justice. I think it looks much better in person. At any rate, here's a pic: http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/gallery/member/13556-mermaid.html&imageuser=4924 http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/gallery/member/13557-mermaid.html&imageuser=4924

The "insert pic from your gallery" is greyed out, and I'm tired and haven't had the requisite amount of coffee to successfully post a pic it seems. The link seems to work though.

• 1 year later...

So here I am reviving an old thread. I would like to solicit your opinion on the breast question: to appreciate them bare, or to cover them up?

I plan on putting this tattoo on my thigh, so it won't be seen by the general public, but I'm still curious.

Your thoughts please...

I've been planning on getting a mermaid tattoo for a while now. I'm definitely planning to have her boobs covered up...not because I think there's anything wrong with bare breasts in art or for any other reason, but because I can conceive of social situations (particularly involving extended family) where I would be self-conscious and uncomfortable about having them on my person and therefore potentially on display, and I'd rather just feel unreservedly awesome about my tattoos at all times. So...to me, it's not worth it. I imagine this is just a subjective thing.

So here I am reviving an old thread. I would like to solicit your opinion on the breast question: to appreciate them bare, or to cover them up?

I plan on putting this tattoo on my thigh, so it won't be seen by the general public, but I'm still curious.

Your thoughts please...

That really will depend on you. Some people would be embarrassed. Others would be willing to get a neck shunga.

Boobies on a mythical creature would seem tame by comparison.

Go with the bare breasts, because if you decide you don't want them you can cover them up, but you can't go the other way.

Who are you planning on getting it from?

You make a good point. You can always get a "cover-up".

I am thinking of going to see Bailey Robinson. Something about the slightly muted colours he uses appeals to me for this type of design.

• 3 years later...

That looks Beautiful!! I love all the colors !! Wow looking great on day two. No redness and I cant see the swelling. I seem to swell with every tattoo. Your piece came out Great!

cf8786c375706710d9ae594c368bd928.jpg&key=5ac3e1c6c268c2b60303d60af2530df8db5b8b74171d243ec19a2e7ae5721146

Crappy picture but my Ariel is finally done. This is 2 days after and I’m pretty bruised and swollen (my skin is super sensitive). I’m going to be working on a full sleeve with King Tritons castle, an octopus and possibly Flounder. I love Mermaids!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...