Quit Smoking

slayer9019

I first started sneaking cigarettes when I was twelve, but didn't have enough access on the regular to be a full-time smoker 'til I was 15, and then I was off! Always a chain smoker, from the day I was able to get actual packs of cigarettes in my grimy teenage hands!

Anyway, I was finally able to quit in Oct '11. I was dating a non-smoker and hiding how much I smoked was annoying/felt like high school/kinda dumb - a friend of mine had found an e-cig that she really liked, I tried it and decided to give it a go. Best decision ever! Having the e-cigarette was the ticket. I could still blow 'smoke' rings and pull it out and go for a smoke when my cigarette smoking friends went out. At some point I got really sick for 6 days and didn't smoke the e-cig et voila! Non-smoker. Lost the nicotine craving.

@Tatanium2012 I keep an e-cig with me at all times. I haven't actually taken a puff of one for close to a year, but having it is helpful! I don't drink anymore (believe it or not, you can develop an allergy to alcohol!), but when I did I could never quit smoking, I tried! Those two go together! The minute I started sipping a drink I would start thinking/obsessing/searching for cigarettes. By the time I quit smoking I had already had to quit drinking - functioning at parties was still a new and curious thing for me. I found that my e-cig allowed me to hang out with the smokers like I was used to without having a smoke. Worked for me!!

Congrats to all the non-smokers etc out there now! It was hard but I am really glad to be a non-smoker now.

The weird thing is this was the easiest time I've ever had not smoking. Only a couple blips of cravings. I still have partial packs scattered around the house/car and probably half a carton sitting on my dresser. The only major difference between this time quitting and the ones in the past is I really just got fed up. I wasn't quitting for single reason like cost, health, girlfriend, family, etc. I just simply didn't want another cigarette for whatever reason.

One weird thing I have to get used to is actually being able to smell cigarettes now. Before I could never actually smell cigarettes, smokers or pretty much anything to tell you the truth.

The weird thing is this was the easiest time I've ever had not smoking. Only a couple blips of cravings. I still have partial packs scattered around the house/car and probably half a carton sitting on my dresser. The only major difference between this time quitting and the ones in the past is I really just got fed up. I wasn't quitting for single reason like cost, health, girlfriend, family, etc. I just simply didn't want another cigarette for whatever reason.

One weird thing I have to get used to is actually being able to smell cigarettes now. Before I could never actually smell cigarettes, smokers or pretty much anything to tell you the truth.

Trust me, when you are a reformed smoker you can smell a smoker from half a mile away. The smell will turn your stomach. It's quite odd really.

Keep up the good work man!