Need opinions? Can any of these tattoo artists do the job?

corygoose

I am a huge fan of Jun Cha's tattoo's. The shading, the details he puts in his work. It looks like pieces of art on your skin. Anyways he is crazy expesive nd waiting list is like atleast a year. So yeah that isn't gonna happen for me........

Here's some of is work

223585_10151342501049563_1036679724_n.jpg

11772_10151319699414563_1290138613_n.jpg

Does anyone know what style you'd call his tattoo work? Black and greay realism?

So I have been in serch of a tattoo artist in the midwest that can do work as good as his. Preferably in Minnesota, where I am. I have only found 2 artists and there in Cincinati.

ArcLight Tattoo Studio, Ltd. | Mason Williams Tattooist | Cincinnati, OH | Tattoos

It would still cost me alot to go see him, gas and hotel's so that not the best option either.

There is an awesome artist in Minnesota, her name is Megan hoogland, but her waiting is is over a year also, and I would like to have my new tattoo by summer atleast. So that's a no go too.

So I decided to atleast email some of the better shops that I know around Minnesota. So what I was gonna ask. I am a newbie at tattoo's I don't know everything I should be looking for. So what I am asking is I'm gonna post some links of the tattoo shops and artists that I emailed. Of coarse none of them will say they can't do as good of work cause they want the buisness. I guess I looked at the artist gallerys myself. Some had really good work, but mone seem to grab my attention and make me think they coukd do as good of work as Jun's. So I was hoing maybe some of you could take a look at the artists work and tell me if you think any of the artists I post coould do the job? I know that would be alot of work to do, but if any of you do. You will be my new best friend! Thanks very much!

Bleach Methane

Saint Sabrina's - Precision Piercing and Professional Tattooing - Minneapolis, MN

Shane Walin( I do think shane might be able to do the work)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.100779223306015.211.100001218122484&type=3

Uptown Tattoo

|

The Ink Lab ( David looks like he has the best work)

The Ink Lab - Tattoos and Body Piercing - Tattoos

Leviticus Tattoo

Leviticus Tattoo and Body Piercing

Raymond Jimenez (He is suppose to move to Minneapolis the end of March.)

Ray Jimenez | Bad Apple Tattoo Las Vegas

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.100420366652013.775.100000521498538&type=3

Gabe Morton

Gabe at Wingnut Tattoo and Piercing in Anoka, MN

Adam Sward

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.249637298447566.56728.227831757294787&type=3

4Points Body Gallery Minnepoalis - Quality Professional Body Art

Electric Dragonland

Electric Dragonland Tattoo - Professional Tattooing in Hopkins Minnesota

Anyways he is crazy expensive and waiting list is like at least a year. So yeah that isn't gonna happen for me........

I think these are two of the top reasons why people end up with bad tattoos. They can't wait and they don't want to pay.

If you get on his waiting list now you will have at least a year to save for it.

I think these are two of the top reasons why people end up with bad tattoos. They can't wait and they don't want to pay.

If you get on his waiting list now you will have at least a year to save for it.

Well that's why I won't be getting a tattoo out here, I just wanted what others thought of the artists work. I will proabably end up going to see Mason williams. His work is just as good if not better that Jun's

First of all, you should have read the newbie guide: Last Sparrow Tattoo - Newbie Guidelines

Do not go posting a bunch of meaningless posts just to hit your 10 post requirement! If you want to ask a question right away - just post it in your intro thread.

Your first ten posts consisted solely of "Welcome" and "LMAO"....

You could just as easily have posted this in an introduction thread.

Second of all, why are you asking us for opinions when it seems as you've already made up your mind?

First of all, you should have read the newbie guide: Last Sparrow Tattoo - Newbie Guidelines

Do not go posting a bunch of meaningless posts just to hit your 10 post requirement! If you want to ask a question right away - just post it in your intro thread.

Your first ten posts consisted solely of "Welcome" and "LMAO"....

You could just as easily have posted this in an introduction thread.

Second of all, why are you asking us for opinions when it seems as you've already made up your mind?

Well I just wanted some more opinions on artists, other then what I thought.

and let's be honest 90% of people do not read "newbie guides" or "faq"

and other things like that. Sorry it was the only way I thought I could post.....

Well I just wanted some more opinions on artists, other then what I thought.

and let's be honest 90% of people do not read "newbie guides" or "faq"

and other things like that. Sorry it was the only way I thought I could post.....

You can't expect this community to offer you any advice if you can't even bother to read and follow some very simple guidelines.

Well that's why I won't be getting a tattoo out here, I just wanted what others thought of the artists work. I will proabably end up going to see Mason williams. His work is just as good if not better that Jun's

As awesome as Mason's tattoos are, he's an equally awesome guy. I don't have any work from him, but I've visited with him throughout the years while getting work from Kore. Can't go wrong with Mason...

Monte Agee in Indianapolis does nice black and grey in a similar style. He's down to earth and a nice dude. Not sure what his waiting list is like but I'd say with any of the folks you mentioned, you might also check and see if they are doing any conventions. You might find that they'll be a little closer to where you live and might be able to tattoo you despite their normal waiting list period. Everybody does their convention appointments different so you might luck out. With all that said, I think its kind of in poor taste to approach getting a tattoo by just posting some portfolio pics from people and then asking strangers if those people will do what YOU want. Go out and visit people in your area. Talk to them, look at their work, and see how you feel. You're not obligated to get tattooed by someone just because you discussed your ideas.

As awesome as Mason's tattoos are, he's an equally awesome guy. I don't have any work from him, but I've visited with him throughout the years while getting work from Kore. Can't go wrong with Mason...

I'd second this. I have met Mason several times while getting tattooed by Kore. Mason is really a great guy, and his work speaks for itself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...