Optical Illusion tattoos

thesandmanisme

I have seen the ones that that look like a skull, but if you look a little deeper, looks like 2 women facing each other at a table. And others that are 2 in 1 pictures. But what I have'nt seen, is anything done in ink, that appears to be moving.

Check this link out: 65 Amazing Optical Illusion Pictures | The Design Work

If you scroll down about half the page, you come to "zig-zag," followed by "rings," and down a little further is one called "moving spirals." Kind of like the blacklight poster "zonk" from back in the 70's.

I think to do a tattoo of one of these would require heavy ink in the white areas. Thats what gives life to the other colors. I said I 'think.' Im not positive. Does anyone else know of, or have seen a tattoo done like this? If not, hey, this could be something of a new trend that could bring you pros, a pocket full of change. lol

I googled 'optical illusions', and there's a ton of graphic material out there.

Why not just get a lady head with an extra set of eyes, I can't stare at those, it confuses my brain

Or buy a print off all posters of one of these and get a battle royale tattoo instead. Honestly I would say their is some elements of this in the way some people tattoo, but simplified to better suit a tattoo. I think of Greg Irons how he the negative space in the tattoo to create the image. Or even when some people draw water and hide skulls in the waves, or stuff like that. Or even more so all that ornamental black work stuff Hooper, Jondix type stuff, mandalas that form skulls, way cool ideas, just don't know if magic eye tattoo would hold up well.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't want to start a new thread on the design and this looks like the closest thread to the topic I can find. Anyone know the history, if there really is one, of the bent back lady/skull design? You know what I mean, this thing:

bent back lady | Tumblr

Too lazy to upload the pic myself.

didn't work for me :-(

but I know what you're talking about

I didn't want to start a new thread on the design and this looks like the closest thread to the topic I can find. Anyone know the history, if there really is one, of the bent back lady/skull design? You know what I mean, this thing:

I was talking to Mike Fite who did a variation of this on me yesterday ... He said it was an early turn of the century design ... Possibly as early as 1890, but definitely lots in the 1910-20's.

Here is mine I got from him:

post-3901-146168847661_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...