Swallow tattoos

Nallac94

Planning on getting two swallows, one on each shoulder blade, this summer.

My reason for getting them is because of their symbolisation of love, loyalty as well as other things, but also because they are traditional tattoos, and therefore, timeless.

Just looking for advice on colours, etc., and if anyone has a similar tattoo, I'd be very happy to see a picture for ideas.

Oh yeah, even though I'm looking for traditional swallows, I'm veering towards dark colour instead of the light colours you see very often.

Appreciate any advice :)

Look up and to the left. LST logo. That is all you need.

I think there's a subtle difference between a Swallow and a Sparrow tattoo particulary for someone in the U.K. . I think of a Swallow tattoo as more angular and slimmer and over here it can have associations with someone doing time or a "hard-man" .

Swallow tattoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's a sparrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Look up and to the left. LST logo. That is all you need.

That's a sparrow, not a swallow.

- - - Updated - - -

@Nallac94 do you have an artist picked? I like to let the artist make the colors choices because they know what they are doing and I don't like making choices :)

Yeah I have a vague idea but that's exactly what I'll probably do; let the artist decide.

ATTACH=CONFIG]8816[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8817[/ATTACH]

Here are pictures of my swallows. I really love them. I like it that they have those swirls to make them look a bit different. I also didn't know what colours to go for and let my tattooer decide...So we did one blue one green but I really like how he mixed all those other colours in there too...

Edited by Tracy Trash
pic were huge

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
star_thumb.jpg I've got a shot of one of the pair on my chest in my gallery. For what its worth, they may be my favourite of all my tattoos. Simple and clean, they will stand the test of time.

Nice! I'm planning on getting two just like that in the same location. I have always heard that old sailors would get a swallow tattoo for each trip across the ocean. I don't know if that is true, but I've been wanting a tattoo to symbolize my two combat deployments overseas, and I think this would be perfect.