The Ditch

the spot on my arm I hated the most. I appreciate ones that accent the action of the ditch, but anything there that looks good is a tattoo that works. Nothing beats a good ol' hinge but I can't find any good ones. Wish I had ore time to fish around on IG and whatnot but I'm on my way out the door to work. So here's some shit from Google. Sorry for sizing, I'm in a rush.

tumblr_m400r61Jek1qdpe2qo1_400.jpg

Robert Ryan

sharjaws.jpg

Someone named Cassy in Bournemouth

guyletattooer.jpg

Person I havent heard of named Kristy Walker

Knee ditches are great too.

mitchallenden.jpg

Mitch Allenden

I'd post mine, but they aren't stand-alone tattoos; the ditch in an over-all sleeve aren't quite the same in impact.

I have a hinge but it is very untraditional. It's an olive hinge with scroll work instead of metal plates. Take a look, I just got it Feb. 25th. chris_s_tatoo_2013_thumb.jpg

the spot on my arm I hated the most. I appreciate ones that accent the action of the ditch, but anything there that looks good is a tattoo that works. Nothing beats a good ol' hinge but I can't find any good ones. Wish I had ore time to fish around on IG and whatnot but I'm on my way out the door to work. So here's some shit from Google. Sorry for sizing, I'm in a rush.

tumblr_m400r61Jek1qdpe2qo1_400.jpg

Robert Ryan

sharjaws.jpg

Someone named Cassy in Bournemouth

guyletattooer.jpg

Person I havent heard of named Kristy Walker

Knee ditches are great too.

mitchallenden.jpg

Mitch Allenden

I'd post mine, but they aren't stand-alone tattoos; the ditch in an over-all sleeve aren't quite the same in impact.

I only have one ditch lined right now but I didn't think the spot was such a big deal. We'll see when we shade it but I thought inner bicep was far worse. Different people, different spots, etc. I'm not going to post mine either because it isn't finished and it's part of a sleeve so it doesn't stand alone. It's geometric rock formations that a raven is perched on.

I really like the shark jaws one above.

I loooooove Sneaky Mitch's work man, every single tattoo he does is one I would happily have. I'm in the midst of a full day sesh/months long wait cycle for the next couple of years with another artist at the moment which I think may drag on for years and can't afford to start any other large scale work at the same time.

I have been thinking about getting moths in my ditches though, do folks think they would work well in that spot?

The only ditch I have is the top of sailor jerry flash that pokes up into the ditch with the rest being clouds. It hurt but not terrible (it's a bunch of dots) but it got so swollen it was crazy. It was bruised for a minute.

I only have one ditch lined right now but I didn't think the spot was such a big deal. We'll see when we shade it but I thought inner bicep was far worse.

I agree, I thought the inner bicep was much worse, especially close to the armpit. My right ditch has been worked on a few times - first as part of a wrist to elbow piece, then sleeving out the rest, so the ditch has been lined and shaded several times, it was never too bad. Different strokes, etc.

I like the look of a tattoo that accents the ditch, especially knee ditches. I've been thinking about what to do with mine, though I know it's going to suck - getting the back of my calf done the other day, anything close to the ditch was rough, and he was still a few inches away.

I've got a flower and leaves in my right ditch. It didn't hurt any more or less than the rest of my bicep or forearm. I'm looking at an old school dragon coming down the inside of my left bicep, with its head turning and covering the ditch. I think this will look pretty good, and it will fill in a good portion of the unused space left on that arm.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The ditch is done on both of my arms. One arm has some wings that start on my inner forearm and sweep up and over into my ditch. I have this skull that I let my daughter pick out on the ditch of my right arm. The application of the tattoo itself wasn't bad at all in comparison to some other spots but the healing wasn't alot of fun. The tattoo was done by Robert Frazier in Winston Salem, NC.