Mike Rubendall Interview with Complex Magazine

What are you thinking about getting?

I'm thinking an oni/japanese demon head type thing, but I would be thrilled with almost anything from him. Part of me (the crazy financially impractical part) wants to try to get a bigger multiple session piece (maybe a thigh piece) if/when he opens his books up to new clients (in 2014?).

I'm thinking an oni/japanese demon head type thing, but I would be thrilled with almost anything from him. Part of me (the crazy financially impractical part) wants to try to get a bigger multiple session piece (maybe a thigh piece) if/when he opens his books up to new clients (in 2014?).

You won't be disappointed, that's for sure! :p. I have one more appointment in May then I break for the summer. I then have one appointment in November and one in December. I hoping to see Henning in October so he can catch up on the head start Rubendall got, haha. I'm definitely getting some time in 2014 with Rubendall, hopefully finish up the collaboration back piece and maybe start something new.

You won't be disappointed, that's for sure! :p. I have one more appointment in May then I break for the summer. I then have one appointment in November and one in December. I hoping to see Henning in October so he can catch up on the head start Rubendall got, haha. I'm definitely getting some time in 2014 with Rubendall, hopefully finish up the collaboration back piece and maybe start something new.

Sounds like your plan is to have a Rubendall-Henning bodysuit.

Sounds like your plan is to have a Rubendall-Henning bodysuit.

It's almost a natural progression. Both good friends and business partners, excellent tattoo artists in the Japanese genre, and all around two of the nicest guys in the industry. Just makes sense. I'm just happy they both agreed on the back piece. Will have to see where the future leads me... :D

I would walk around naked to show of your work...just saying...no homo

• 4 months later...

@ironchef - yeah, I chatted with him at the convention a few years ago and he was so personable and warm that I am really looking forward to the appointment beyond, you know, the thing where I'm going to get an amazing tattoo. You are very lucky to be getting so much work from him!

I just confirmed my appointment and texted @Graeme to tell him when it was and he responded, and I quote: "you still psyched?" Dumbest question, haha.

Anyway thank you guys for being so pumped for me! Helps me stoke the fires of my stokedness. I asked him for a Baku on my thigh.